Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Time for a change ?

All the chores, repairs, tasks and things around the old place
JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Re: Time for a change ?

Post by JEBar » Sun Nov 06, 2022 10:33 am

as noted in Post 30, I've been using the Norelco shaver since Oct 28 .... during that 10 day period I've shaved 9 times .... things learned so far :

1. for the first few days I experienced what I believe was razor burn .... having never had it before I can only guess that is what it was .... it cleared up and is no longer an issue

2. the shave had grown better as I've gained experience using it .... there is most certainly a learning curve .... I can tell the next day that my facial hair has grown out a bit more than it did shaving with a safety razor ....

3. the more I use it the less time it takes .... now that's not by much but it does save some time

4. I'm still a bit confused on how often to charge its battery .... the instruction in the manual pretty doesn't address it .... I don't know how many days I can use before it pulls the battery down to where it won't work .... I do know that the charge will last something over a week

bottom line : so far so good .... the reservations which kept me from buying one for so long have proven to be minor and not worth the consideration
0 x

Shakey Jake
Drover
United States of America

Post by Shakey Jake » Sun Nov 06, 2022 12:05 pm

I used an electric for a while. It did okay but it finally quit working, so I went back to using a razor. My son has taken up using the lather mixed in a cup with a brush. He also uses a straight razor. I'm afraid I'd cut myself with one of those.
Jake
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Tue Nov 29, 2022 1:10 pm

well, a month has passed since I started using a Norelco shaver ..... during that time I've only missed shaving on 1 day ... my wife says that, in and of itself, is an improvement well worth switching from my old safety razor ... ;) ... possibly the new of using it hasn't worn off but I find I no longer mind shaving .... doing so has never been a major chore, simply it had reached the point that any tiny excuse was more than strong enough to get me to skip it .... I've found a fully charged battery can deliver many shaves .... haven't bothered to count them but far more than I anticipated .... all in all, I'm still happy with it
1 x

Cowboy Gun Fan
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Cowboy Gun Fan » Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:10 pm

I use the old time Williams Mug Lather. One will last me about a year. And I just checked and it looks like they dis-continued it. Used to be something like $2.49 each. Oh, No !!!

I think I still have 2 or 3 left though.

The whole world is going to heck !!
0 x
NRA Member

Travlin
Cowboy

Post by Travlin » Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:00 pm

I have had a full beard since 1972 so only need to shave neck under my chin and a little around my mouth so I don't look like a werewolf . This I do in the shower to save time and just a Gillette throw away that lasts about a month. First time I talked to my to be wife on the phone she told me later " If only this guy has a beard". That was in 86 and we are still happy together.
0 x

GeoBoy
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by GeoBoy » Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:41 am

I used a safety razor when I was in my 20’s living at home but when I married I switched to a electric razor due to sensitive skin. I finally settled on Braun electric razors and have enjoyed comfortable shaves for many decades.
1 x
Henry Hoo1T, Hoo9

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:22 am

I've heard good things about Braun electric razors but have never tried one
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sun Sep 03, 2023 9:15 am

UPDATE :

as noted above, I've been using a Norelco Model 3800 shaver for almost a year >>> https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B083J ... =UTF8&th=1 <<< .... a couple of days ago I ordered a set of 3 replacement "Shaving Heads" >>> https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01GT ... UTF8&psc=1 <<< having never replaced the blades before, I was a bit uneasy about doing so .... checking UTube I found sever short (meaning 45 seconds or so) which made the process look simple .... as it turned out, my concerns were unfounded .... the replacement process was simple .... the quality of the shave improved drastically and about a year from now I won't hesitate to replace them again
1 x