Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Mini Chainsaw

All the chores, repairs, tasks and things around the old place
graywolf
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Re: Mini Chainsaw

Post by graywolf » Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:12 am

I haven’t even thought or looked at any with the 6” bars. But that may be what I need. I like the looks of the Milwaukee Mags posted.
0 x

Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Hatchdog » Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:49 am

My son bought one of the larger Milwaukee saws and he really likes it. We cut up a bunch of trees that were cut, limbed and stacked on his place when he bought it. We worked together cutting them into rounds him with the battery saw and me with a gas saw. While his battery wouldn’t last long cutting these 16 - 20” trees with two batteries the Milwaukee did pretty good. This task was beyond what the saw was designed for and going forward I believe it will fit his needs just fine. I’m thinking about getting one for some of the lighter work around my place.
0 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Thu Oct 20, 2022 11:34 am

so far, the actual things I see are as they are pointed out in the manual .... examples : the OEM chain will stretch after initial uses and figuring out when to oil the chain takes some trial and error
0 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Thu Oct 20, 2022 11:46 am

JEBar wrote:
Thu Oct 20, 2022 11:34 am
so far, the actual things I see are as they are pointed out in the manual .... examples : the OEM chain will stretch after initial uses and figuring out when to oil the chain takes some trial and error
all chainsaw chains stretch with use and eventually need the chain tightner adjusted.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Thu Oct 20, 2022 12:01 pm

absolutely .... without a built in chain/bar oiler it would be very easy to overheat the chain .... doing so, can't have a good impact on the bar or chain
1 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sat Oct 22, 2022 9:21 pm

earlier today we spent a couple of hours cutting down diseased dogwood trees and dividing them into fire logs .... I dug them up in the woods near our place and transplanted them into our front yard 43 years ago .... our youngest son used the opportunity to start training his 14 year old son about how to run a chainsaw .... watching them sure brought back good memories of me doing the same with our son 30 some years ago .... even though the carb of our 40 some year old Stihl was a bit out of adjustment, it easily handled cutting the largest pieces .... our mini chainsaw was worked hard .... given its limitations in the size of limbs and the much slower chain speed, it handled limbs up to 6" in diameter as advertised ....tomorrow I plan to thoroughly clean it and pack it away .... in thinking ahead the next time I anticipate using it will about be about this time next year to cut back some chestnut trees .... bottom line, use it within the guidelines it was designed and built and it can come in handy .... expect it to do miraculously perform like a regular gasoline powered saw and you will be disappointed .... the first battery lasted something over an hour but keep in mind, it wasn't cutting every minute.... the second battery still had power to turn the chain when we finished but I doubt it would have lasted much longer .... it takes something over 2 hours to recharge a fully discharged battery so the second one would have discharged before the first had fully recharged ..... for what we need, its a keeper
1 x

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Sat Oct 22, 2022 9:48 pm

Good report...thanks!
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

LM Gorton
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by LM Gorton » Sat Oct 22, 2022 10:16 pm

I've had a 16" homelight for years and finally wore it out. I don't heat with wood so I only use it for trail trimming,clearing around tree stands and bonfire wood....I purchased a 12" 20v dewalt mid summer, probably one of the best purchases I've ever made. What a handy little tool!
1 x
Keep your powder dry

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by daytime dave » Sun Nov 06, 2022 3:41 pm

I have the DeWalt 12 inch bar 20volt saw. It's awesom. I also have the DeWalt 8 inch bar 20 volt pole saw. Both are great performers. I've sharpened the 12 inch chain blade once. It does a lot of work and I can use it safely with one hand on some smaller stuff.
1 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member

MuddyWaters62
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by MuddyWaters62 » Mon Nov 07, 2022 3:27 pm

I bought that same DeWalt pole saw this year. I also have a 18 inch Stihl saw that is a real work horse. We have a big live oak in our front yard. Every couple of years , it has this nasty habit of growing out into the roadway. I have a bad right shoulder and the tree has grown in height that I can't risk climbing a ladder anymore. That 12 foot reach on the DeWalt made short work on trimming to clear the tall delivery trucks and Garbage truck. It is as good as the Stihl. I highly recommend the DeWalt 20V pole saw.

MuddyWaters68
0 x