Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Six Months In Wisconsin

All the chores, repairs, tasks and things around the old place
Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Six Months In Wisconsin

Post by Sir Henry » Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:40 am

I closed on February 14th (Valentines Day), crossed into Wisconsin on the 15th and moved in on the 16th. I can now apply for my CWP.

Most of the things I wanted to do has been done. Only tying up a few loose ends is left. The only major thing left is I wanted to do is sell the motor home. I’m having an open house for it this weekend.

I sure love it here and don’t miss Seattle at all. My new home is modest yet is exactly what I need and wanted. My shooting has suffered some because I’ve been busy setting up the place as I want it. Part of that setting up is making a shooting range that I can use in the winter.

This time next year should find the place just as I like it. With doing all the extra projects I haven’t given time for basics like pulling weeds. I hire the neighbor girls to do pull weeds to keep it from being overrun.
4 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: Six Months In Wisconsin

Post by BrokenolMarine » Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:52 am

Congratulations. We have been here twenty six months and are just settling in. Unexpected major repairs to the main house and my workshop, then that injury threw huge monkey wrenches in our schedules, but we are getting there. Being retired sure helps, huh?

The place is beautiful, and more power to you if you can add the additional acreage. We hope to if we can as a buffer against unwanted development right next door. We bought for peace and quiet... Want to keep it that way. :)
0 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by daytime dave » Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:34 am

Congratulations Gene. It's a beautiful place and sounds like wonderful neighbors. I'm very happy for you.

Marine, I'm glad you like the place too. It's beautiful and I'm happy for you both too!

I've had my new place for 18 months. I've lived here full time for almost a year. It's made a huge difference. I did some major improvements and am glad to have budgeted for it. I have a range 10 minutes from my home and I can just go out back anytime. I still don't shoot much at all. Like you say Gene, I'm busy getting things the way I want them.
1 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:01 am

Good for you, Gene. You've accomplished a lot in the time you've been here. You've made quite the home for yourself. Glad to have you as a fellow cheesehead.
2 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:26 pm

North Country Gal wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:01 am
Good for you, Gene. You've accomplished a lot in the time you've been here. You've made quite the home for yourself. Glad to have you as a fellow cheesehead.
Go Packers!
0 x

Headhog
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Headhog » Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:03 pm

Gene, congratulations on your first six months. You have accomplished a lot as a one person operation. Making a new place yours, never comes easy.

Paul
0 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:00 pm

Headhog wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:03 pm
Gene, congratulations on your first six months. You have accomplished a lot as a one person operation. Making a new place yours, never comes easy.

Paul
The good part of being single is I never have to run anything by someone. The bad part is I don’t have anyone to run something by. My decor and landscaping is different. I currently have outdoor seating for 32 with another dozen on the way.

I like to make things out of junk. When I first saw Pacaso’s Bull I was amazed at it and it’s been the single piece of art that has influenced me the most.
4F1FE92F-B4DF-453F-B78A-F5B20DC3EFA7.jpeg
4F1FE92F-B4DF-453F-B78A-F5B20DC3EFA7.jpeg (39.33 KiB) Viewed 826 times
1 x

Headhog
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Headhog » Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:38 pm

Sir Henry wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:00 pm
Headhog wrote:

Paul
The good part of being single is I never have to run anything by someone. The bad part is I don’t have anyone to run something by. My decor and landscaping is different. I currently have outdoor seating for 32 with another dozen on the way.

I like to make things out of junk. When I first saw Pacaso’s Bull I was amazed at it and it’s been the single piece of art that has influenced me the most.
The average person will only see junk. It takes a visionary to see the potential, and beauty.

Paul
0 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:27 pm

Headhog wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:38 pm
Sir Henry wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:00 pm
Headhog wrote:

Paul

The average person will only see junk. It takes a visionary to see the potential, and beauty.

Paul
When I told my neighbors I decorate with junk I got a lot of hmmmmmm, really. One in particular was totally against it. Yet yesterday she brought her son and family over to see my bed frame fence saying isn’t that beautiful! People here take care of their homes and yards. It’s common to see five acre lawns that are landscaped. Seeing a truck or tractor from the 40’s and 50’s in someone’s yard surrounded by flowers is also common.

Most of the houses are modest like mine.
1 x