All the chores, repairs, tasks and things around the old place
Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Re: Hi-speed internet is coming to rural Wisconsin

Post by Sir Henry » Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:25 pm

Hatchdog wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:12 am
I noticed the sticker on the shovel in the mud. Kinda cool that you are re-supplying in the new area. That’s a good way to establish relationships with the local stores.
I bought a propane tank yesterday for my barbecue at Tractor Supply. When I was having it filled I talked to the young man about living here. It’s really refreshing to live in an area where 70% of the population voted like I did.

I dropped off my trash at the transfer station on Saturday and a woman approached me asking if I was the new guy in town. She let me know she wasn’t married or dating anyone and kept complementing on my hair and looks. I got the feeling she wanted me to ask her out which I didn’t. I did get her phone number. She is a cousin to my neighbor where I’ve had dinner twice. I’m really reluctant to get involved with anyone that lives so close and have had family in the area for 150 years.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Re: Hi-speed internet is coming to rural Wisconsin

Post by daytime dave » Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:03 am

Sir Henry wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:25 pm
Hatchdog wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:12 am
I noticed the sticker on the shovel in the mud. Kinda cool that you are re-supplying in the new area. That’s a good way to establish relationships with the local stores.
I bought a propane tank yesterday for my barbecue at Tractor Supply. When I was having it filled I talked to the young man about living here. It’s really refreshing to live in an area where 70% of the population voted like I did.

I dropped off my trash at the transfer station on Saturday and a woman approached me asking if I was the new guy in town. She let me know she wasn’t married or dating anyone and kept complementing on my hair and looks. I got the feeling she wanted me to ask her out which I didn’t. I did get her phone number. She is a cousin to my neighbor where I’ve had dinner twice. I’m really reluctant to get involved with anyone that lives so close and have had family in the area for 150 years.
You sound like a pretty sought after commodity there Gene. I agree with your sentiments. Those folks have been there for a long time. Make one of them not like you as much and that perfect world might change a bit.
0 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member