Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Re: Home Search Continues

Post by Sir Henry » Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:46 pm

markiver54 wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:44 pm
Rifletom wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:39 pm
Gene, I have to ask. You have been looking at properties in much varied states and locals. What exactly is it you are looking for? Real curious on this.
Not being a jerk here, just curious. Thanks.
NO place is perfect! Good question Tom! And good luck Gene!
I thought it was a good question. Other comments about running from a place I took as rah rah for our team not as someone trying to dictate what I do or someone that doesn’t know what to do.

I’m not easily offended by questions or comments as long as no one is offended by my answers.
1 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:56 pm

Gene; I think I can relate to this...or at least undestand. If I had the capital, as it appears you do, then I can certainly understand your vast quest for just the right place.I would also, take my time, and look at ALL options.? Question is; do you really need to leave your beautifull home?
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

GeoBoy
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by GeoBoy » Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:18 am

Gene, upstate NY is nice, we have a GREAT coffee/latte shop, Storied Coffee, in Scotia and several nice places for lunch. The Adirondack’s are 6 million acres and have great places to hike, paddle and camp. Winter is about 4 months long and the climate is moderate.
I can’t blame you for wanting to get off the Left Coast, we visited 11 NP’s on the west coast and it’s just too liberal for us. Keep searching.
1 x
Henry Hoo1T, Hoo9

GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by GFK » Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:53 pm

Sir Henry wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:27 pm
Rifletom wrote:
Gene, I have to ask. You have been looking at properties in much varied states and locals. What exactly is it you are looking for? Real curious on this.
I’m looking to get the heck out of Dodge so to speak. Seattle has no police force. If you have a weapon they will shoot and kill you. Anything else like unarmed robbery or even grand theft auto doesn’t even get an officer to show up and take a report. Instead they will call you on the phone and tell you tough luck. . . And I want to live around Republicans.
Well, this may be viewed as political. But, that is not new for me. Yet, it is a shame, what is going on in our Country. However, folks still die trying to get here. So, it must still be better than other places. During my 22 years in the Navy, I traveled to many countries. During my travels, I longed to return to the U.S. For whatever reason, Coke and pizza just were not the same elsewhere. I guess it does not take much to make me happy. Oh yea, it was hard finding a cold beer also.

If I offending anyone, please forgive.
1 x
Actions speak louder than words (Matthew 7:16-20).

Rifletom
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by Rifletom » Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:29 pm

Sir Henry wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:46 pm
markiver54 wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:44 pm
Rifletom wrote:
NO place is perfect! Good question Tom! And good luck Gene!
I thought it was a good question. Other comments about running from a place I took as rah rah for our team not as someone trying to dictate what I do or someone that doesn’t know what to do.

I’m not easily offended by questions or comments as long as no one is offended by my answers.
Thanks Gene. Glad you viewed my question as just that. Keep the search up.
1 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:29 pm

GFK wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:53 pm
Sir Henry wrote:
Rifletom wrote:
I’m looking to get the heck out of Dodge so to speak. Seattle has no police force. If you have a weapon they will shoot and kill you. Anything else like unarmed robbery or even grand theft auto doesn’t even get an officer to show up and take a report. Instead they will call you on the phone and tell you tough luck. . . And I want to live around Republicans.
Well, this may be viewed as political. But, that is not new for me. Yet, it is a shame, what is going on in our Country. However, folks still die trying to get here. So, it must still be better than other places. During my 22 years in the Navy, I traveled to many countries. During my travels, I longed to return to the U.S. For whatever reason, Coke and pizza just were not the same elsewhere. I guess it does not take much to make me happy. Oh yea, it was hard finding a cold beer also.

I think my posts are more political. I’m trying not to cross the line. I’m talking more about things that effect me directly. When there are threats of looting my house I take that serious.

The CHOP riots last summer scared the hell out of me. In one instance the mob was going to destroy Snohomish and many residents took to the streets with AR’s and said we will defend out property to death. The mob instead went to Monroe and looted it. Snohomish is 10 miles away and Monroe is about 15. Woodinville was at times also a target.

The police would not do anything. Matter of fact they left the area just like CHOP.

So is this political?
1 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:31 pm

0 x

GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by GFK » Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:41 pm

Sir Henry wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:29 pm
GFK wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:53 pm
Sir Henry wrote:

I think my posts are more political. I’m trying not to cross the line. I’m talking more about things that effect me directly. When there are threats of looting my house I take that serious.

The CHOP riots last summer scared the hell out of me. In one instance the mob was going to destroy Snohomish and many residents took to the streets with AR’s and said we will defend out property to death. The mob instead went to Monroe and looted it. Snohomish is 10 miles away and Monroe is about 15. Woodinville was at times also a target.

The police would not do anything. Matter of fact they left the area just like CHOP.

So is this political?
I agree with you. It is more of your personal experiences, and what is motivating you to move. Thanks for sharing. I will try and stay clear of Seattle. And, it is what motivated me to accelerate my timeline for a scatter gun.
0 x
Actions speak louder than words (Matthew 7:16-20).

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:07 pm

I’ve always wanted to live in an old school house.
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1651 ... 2532_zpid/?
0 x

GeoBoy
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by GeoBoy » Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:22 pm

Gene, that is a nice, unique home. What is the insulation and what are the utility costs?
0 x
Henry Hoo1T, Hoo9