Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

License Plates Wanted

All the chores, repairs, tasks and things around the old place
Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

License Plates Wanted

Post by Sir Henry » Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:53 pm

You too can be immortalized in my artwork.

I need to finish the siding on my kitchen shed. I use license plates because I’m cheap and think they look cool. In the upper left you can see it still needs a few more to finish this side.
42997FAC-229F-4373-8F25-AB15814EA642.jpeg
42997FAC-229F-4373-8F25-AB15814EA642.jpeg (505.21 KiB) Viewed 1026 times
On the inside I turn them backwards to reflect the heat from the barbie and griddle. They look best if they are embossed but beggars can’t be picky.
5FEB0102-1208-4975-9D45-2E9741CB4A95.jpeg
5FEB0102-1208-4975-9D45-2E9741CB4A95.jpeg (310.71 KiB) Viewed 1026 times
If you have any you would like to donate send me a PM and I’ll give you my address.

Thanks a million.
1 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Re: License Plates Wanted

Post by CT_Shooter » Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:58 pm

I see two of mine that are in your mosaic... looking good. Happy to be represented in your creation.
CT Plates
CT Plates
Capture.JPG (37.56 KiB) Viewed 1018 times
1 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:17 pm

CT_Shooter wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:58 pm
I see two of mine that are in your mosaic... looking good. Happy to be represented in your creation.

Capture.JPG
Last time I asked the forum several people sent me plates. I’m glad you are part of my art.

I still have the other side to finish so I can used a couple hundred plates.
1 x

EasyEd
Cowhand
Canada

Post by EasyEd » Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:05 pm

Hey All,

Looks good! May take some time to get a few 100 more.

I have to tell a story. I used to live in Vegreville Alberta. There was maybe still is but I have my doubts a barbershop called Jim's. When I was there Jim was in his 70s still cutting hair. His shop was interesting - bit like a hoarder place up front just lots of stored boxes and such but in the back 2 barber chairs. On a couple walls license plates lots of them from all over - phillippines europe etc. Jim had a policy if you brought in a unique license plate haircut was free. I was waiting for a haircut while Jim cut someone's hair and we were discussing his license plate collection another guy comes in listens awhile studies the walls then says I'll be back. Comes back with an alaska license plate an I left. Jim gave him a haircut an took the plate. Later Jim told me he noticed a current year tag on the plate but that was after the guy was gone. Turns out the guy got the plate off a car parked at a local motel. Wonder how long it took for the people from Alaska to notice their plate was gone. In Alberta you only need a rear plate not a front plate so I suspect he took the plate off the front. The things people will do for a haircut...

-Ed-
1 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:22 pm

Since we are talking barbershops I have a story too. When I was in my 40’s I went to an old time barber. He was well into his 70’s and his shop was in front of his house. It was a barbershop and rod & reel repair shop. One Saturday I’m getting my hair cut and a guy comes in with a broken reel. He stops cutting my hair and repairs the reel. A half hour later the reel is fixed and the guy is on his way. Then he returned to finish my haircut.

Priorities!
1 x

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:57 pm

I can remember when barber shops were the domains of men. Wives didn't come in, single mom's dropped off sons, or made appointments, so they could tidy up the (magazines) shop a bit. Men told jokes, war stories, fishing and hunting (lies) and sometimes even got their hair cut. He had eight ounce cokes and always had hot coffee. The barber chair might be empty, but the shop never was. The same three old men lived in the corner.

I was in awe of my grandfather's barber and his shop, the wooden board he fitted across the arms of his chair to boost me up, the hot lather he slathered on so he could shave the back of my neck and around my ears. I loved the whisk of the straight razor on the strop and the double pop of that white towel as he shot it out then up over his shoulder to take the wipings from a shave. Yeah, yeah, he was a showman, but he was a pro, and ran his shop that way.

Now days, it's hard to find a real barbershop... Everythings unisex, you'll be as likely to find Cosmo as Field and Stream in that pile of magazines, and disposable razors rule.
1 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:01 am

I remember my mom wanting to drop me off to get my hair cut. She did not understand why I wanted to be dropped off a block away so I could walk in by myself.

Oh that lather and razer on the back of the neck. It could make any ten year old feel like a man.
0 x