Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

A few die cast cars

bandit1250
Cowboy
United States of America

A few die cast cars

Post by bandit1250 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:07 am

Now that my room is finished except for maybe a few changes to get things really where I am wanting them to be I have my die cast cars in there place at least for now. I don't display all of them because some have gone up in price and better left in the original boxes. Need to thin them down some day.
Here is my display I have now in my gun room.
Not sure about where to put the truck for now. I got it at the flea market just because of the game scene. I had never seen one like it before.

2 x

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Re: A few die cast cars

Post by PT7 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:25 am

Glad to see your die casts on display again, Bandit. You have a cool collection.
And agreed. That semi with the wildlife scene on the trailer looks great. You always manage to find the unusual, just like you find your rifles with exceptional wood stocks! ;)

Have one question for you on the cars. In this photo Image what model year is the two-tone white/green sedan on the bottom shelf in the middle? It looks like a Chevy. I really like that color combo along with the white, wide whitewalls. Very 8-) cool!

Thanks for posting the auto show again!
PT7
bandit1250 wrote:Now that my room is finished except for maybe a few changes to get things really where I am wanting them to be I have my die cast cars in there place at least for now.
0 x

~Пока~

bandit1250
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by bandit1250 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:53 am

PT, 1955 Chevy Bel Air hard top. Very popular color combination on the '55. The '55 and '56 are my favorite Chevy's and I ain't even a Chevy guy. '56 is my favorite I can't stand the looks of a '57 Bel Air but like the more toned down 210 model and really like the plain looking 150. Wouldn't mind a '57 if it was the 150 post two door with a small block 427 stroker in it. :o :D I like all motor and no bling. '64 Plymouth Savoy with the 426 Max Wedge would be my pick of any of them out there.
1 x

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:19 am

Thanks, Bandit. Thought it looked like the mid-50s Chevy.

In those long ago years, I did own a 53 Chevy 150 four-door sedan, which was that very same green color. You're right, it was most popular. All around, my car was really basic. It had the plain Jane chrome baby moon hubcaps on it, ran with the straight-line six-cylinder 235-cube, three-speed. I even remember the challenge, and mess, of changing oil with the metal oil bath filter on it! And since it was a heavy car, it sorta cruised "mildly" and smoothly down the road. :lol:

My Dad told me he would like to someday have that car. Eventually, he did get it from me, and drove it a number of years, even through the very cold Chicago suburban winters. Didn't have room in his garage because he had a pickup and Mom's car in there. But I remember that in one particularly bitter winter season, the 53 Chev was the only one that would start and run. It was a good 'ole car.....solid and fun to drive.

Thanks for describing your 55 die cast to me. Enjoyed it, and helped bring back the memory of the 53.
Take care.
PT7

bandit1250 wrote:PT, 1955 Chevy Bel Air hard top. Very popular color combination on the '55. The '55 and '56 are my favorite Chevy's and I ain't even a Chevy guy. '56 is my favorite I can't stand the looks of a '57 Bel Air but like the more toned down 210 model and really like the plain looking 150. Wouldn't mind a '57 if it was the 150 post two door with a small block 427 stroker in it. :o :D I like all motor and no bling. '64 Plymouth Savoy with the 426 Max Wedge would be my pick of any of them out there.
1 x

~Пока~