Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Help a rookie out?

Ernie
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: Help a rookie out?

Post by Ernie » Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:32 pm

Got shave horse plans from Tom Donahey, it will cost more than $15 but I like mine. I kind of haunt Ebay for old hand tools because they are better made than most tools made today and you can get a good tool reasonably priced. If you have to make a handle for the froe or the adze you still get good steel and can customize the handle to your tastes.
Enjoy
1 x

james89
Wrangler
United States of America

Post by james89 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:00 pm

Ernie wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:32 pm
Got shave horse plans from Tom Donahey, it will cost more than $15 but I like mine. I kind of haunt Ebay for old hand tools because they are better made than most tools made today and you can get a good tool reasonably priced. If you have to make a handle for the froe or the adze you still get good steel and can customize the handle to your tastes.
Enjoy
That's actually a great point. I may have to search ebay ( which I usually avoid) and I could see spending more then 15 on something so useful, I don't know which plan I'm going with yet but I have time while I hunt for my blade.
0 x
He's undomesticated and that's fact. However he is polite, well read, and won't xxxx on your floor.

james89
Wrangler
United States of America

Ernie wrote:
Enjoy
That's actually a great point. I may have to search ebay ( which I usually avoid) and I could see spending more then 15 on something so useful, I don't know which plan I'm going with yet but I have time while I hunt for my blade.
0 x
He's undomesticated and that's fact. However he is polite, well read, and won't xxxx on your floor.

james89
Wrangler
United States of America

Ernie wrote:
Enjoy
0 x