Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Another Project

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Another Project

Post by BrokenolMarine » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:06 pm

There was a quick project, just a couple days worth, that we knocked out in the shop prior to my starting this Christmas deal. Miss Tina wanted a larger "Dog Crate" for the Westie; that was more attractive than the same old tired wire crates you normally see. She told me she would take the wire crate apart and I could use the front and back panels from the wire crate to build the new one, which would provide a nice secure "door" and plenty of ventilation.

Princess Fiona loves to stare out the window into the back yard and watch for deer and bark / growl at the squirrels, so I included a carpeted platform, using the old carpeted shelves out of the gun safe. How many times I have nearly hauled them to the dump in the last few months since I removed them after making the custom cabinet for the interior. We were also able to make use of a few pieces of very nice trim, and accent blocks that were left over from another project, and the stain we used had the crate matching the mahogany side board we use as a TV stand perfectly.

The last step was to make a two step ladder to make it easier for her "Majesty" to reach her throne. Tina braided some material and sewed a couple pads for the steps as they proved too slick with the standard finish.
DSCN0434.JPG
DSCN0434.JPG (206.56 KiB) Viewed 3209 times
We are pretty pleased with the outcome and the cost was minimal as most everything used was already on hand. :P
1 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

Ernie
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: Another Project

Post by Ernie » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:08 pm

Truly fit for royalty.
0 x

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:08 am

Gotta take care of Mans' best friend and you did very nicely!
On a sad note though, my son lost his beloved Boxer, ' Diego ' Wednesday. Feel really bad for the family. :cry:
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:33 am

markiver54 wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:08 am
On a sad note though, my son lost his beloved Boxer, ' Diego ' Wednesday. Feel really bad for the family. :cry:
Sorry about the loss. We had a young boxer we named Kelevra. He was always wound tight, but friendly and good natured. When my Granddaughter's Golden Retriever passed my wife took Kelevra to OK to replace him. They were a perfect match. She had the energy to tire him out, and he was her constant companion on the farm. Cancer took him a few months ago.
1 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:46 am

BrokenolMarine wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:33 am
markiver54 wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:08 am
Sorry about the loss. We had a young boxer we named Kelevra. He was always wound tight, but friendly and good natured. When my Granddaughter's Golden Retriever passed my wife took Kelevra to OK to replace him. They were a perfect match. She had the energy to tire him out, and he was her constant companion on the farm. Cancer took him a few months ago.
Yes, Diego was old and had been having seizures. The vet suggested the humane thing to do was put him down.
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

PJM
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by PJM » Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:29 pm

That is a furniture grade crate for sure! Nice job. What we do for our pets. They are truly part of the family. Addressing the loss issue, it is sad as they don't last long enough. I have 3 buried on current property and think of each as I mow the fields.
1 x