Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Darts Anyone?

Post about your hobbies that aren't elsewhere on the forum. Sub forums will be added as needed.
markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Re: Darts Anyone?

Post by markiver54 » Fri May 15, 2020 6:42 pm

BigAl52 wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 4:36 pm
I got 3 darts on the board once.
Don't worry Al! Bet you can get 3 bullets in the bull! :D
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

MuddyWaters62
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by MuddyWaters62 » Sat May 16, 2020 1:45 pm

Had a dart board once. My friend from next door were playing one day. The board was hung beside the back door to the garage and I had to go do something. What made me go back thru the garage door is only something a dumb 7 yr old would do. You guessed it, friend threw a dart right between my eyes. Dead Center, my friend runs back to his house screaming. Mom came out and there I was standing there like a fool with this dart firmly stuck and a trickle of blood dripping down my nose. Mom hurries me into the house and big sister laughing her head off. Thankfully Dad got home from work about that time. He looks at me then at Mom, then he comes over to me and tells me I'm a lucky SOB and pulls the dart out of my head and tells me to go clean up. True story!! My friend in the meantime was home alone and thinking he killed me. His folks brought him back over and had him apologize to me. His looked at the little hole in my forehead and winks at my Dad.
2 x

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Sat May 16, 2020 4:48 pm

What a story MW. :shock:
You are lucky!!!
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

MuddyWaters62
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by MuddyWaters62 » Wed May 20, 2020 12:02 pm

I believe that I have worn out several Guardian Angels over my time on this rock. There are several incidents that I want get into at this time. I am trying to live a more sedate life. Get's kinda of boring!

Muddy Waters
0 x

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Thu May 21, 2020 3:29 pm

markiver54 wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 10:05 am
dave77 wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 1:38 am
Watched some of a pro dart tournament finals on TV a while back and those guys were incredible. Both started the games with 3 triple 20's.
Yes, it is amazing how precise one can get with enough practice.
The patch you see at the bottom right on my backboard, represents a 'Hat Trick'. Which is all three darts in the center bull. Very difficult, but have done it twice in my life.
The patch was given to me after a tornament win. It's the highest you can score on a dart board. Will probably never happen, by me, again. ;)
FWIW to anyone, I have to correct myself. The highest you can score on a dart board is all three darts in the triple 20 area, referred to as a ' ton80 '. Ton stands for 100 in darts and the total of 3 triple 20's is 180.
That is what the patch was for....geeez, been a while. I HAVE put 3 in the bull on a couple occasions though.
Just had to clear that up in case a pro comes along and laughs at me...may have already! Dunno... :lol:
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry