Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Camco Rhinoflex RV Sewer Fitting Wrench Set

Post about your hobbies that aren't elsewhere on the forum. Sub forums will be added as needed.
dave77
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: Camco Rhinoflex RV Sewer Fitting Wrench Set

Post by dave77 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:06 pm

I'm running a small space heater under the black water tank and another in the storage space which is also return air for the gas furnace. Both set at about 50F and total space is maybe 200 cubic feet so they won't run very much, both are set at 750watts and both are running off the separate 20 amp circuit.

Wish we could have gotten an arctic model 5th wheel but there wasn't much available at the time, this one was in very good condition and she really liked the floor plan, kitchen at the end and a full width window that looks out over our creek.

Thought of getting a park model but they don't exist around here used. New units were somewhat out of our price range. Also would have required a lot more site work and a building permit. I would have had to level a spot in my pasture which may have required moving a 6" irrigation line that goes to large cherry orchard (not mine). Power and water would actually been easier but the sewer line would have been harder.

Would have been nice. The new ones we were looking at were 50amp 220 so electric heat, bigger water heater, standard size fridge and stove. Also no black water tank to deal with every couple of weeks.

Anyway, she's happy. Has built a chicken coop and has around 15 chickens, has renovated my next to the creek park area, has plans for an even bigger garden next year and we have a small greenhouse kit we will put together next year.
0 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:18 pm

dave77 wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:06 pm
Would have been nice. The new ones we were looking at were 50amp 220 so electric heat, bigger water heater, standard size fridge and stove.
I've heard of park models wired for 220 but haven't personally seen one .... the 50 amp campers I'm familiar with (including ours) have 4 wires ... a neutral, a ground, and 2 separate 110 wires each of which has a 50 amp breaker .... those two lines go into the breaker box and run different circuits .... in addition, standard RV electrical appliances (not talking about 12V) aren't set up for 220 ..... all of this is based on my time spent working in the industry and my knowledge could most certainly be out of date .
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:30 am

back to the scintillating topic of RV sewer hoses .. ;) .. based on a few realities, I ordered a Camco 20' Revolution Swivel Sewer Hose Kit ===> https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0024 ... UTF8&psc=1 .... those realities include : I haven't purchased a new sewer hose since '02, I prefer 2 10ft hoses to 1 20ft hose, they are designed to work with the wrenches, it comes with a translucent elbow fitting .... on Amazon it carries 4 Stars based on 964 ratings .... in the info about it, they state "Easy to Use and Store: No clamps or tools needed; Each 10-foot section compresses to approximately 2-feet for easy storage" .... I measured it and it will compress to 2ft but to keep it that way requires pressure on all sides .... for me the prospect of being able to store our hoses in a smaller container is a plus .... a quick test of the connecting the hose fitting was a pleasant surprise I was able do so with minimal effort .... also an initial observation, I'm skeptical that when connected and stretched out, that they will stretch 20ft .... something over 15ft is easy to believe .... I wish I'd of ordered them a month ago so we would have time for testing prior to pulling out for Texas .... most have been patched to replace the ends and cut out areas with small leaks or other sections that have been stepped on and now are oval shaped .... over the next few days I will have to decide if I want to order more and totally replace our well aged collection ....
0 x

dave77
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by dave77 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:22 pm

Looks very similar to the one I have other than mine is just a 10 footer and the elbow is clear instead of translucent. Very flexible, mine has to make a 180° turn right after it's connection to the 5th wheel.
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:34 pm

we have a clear one and like it, can only wish the new ones were .... do have other clear fittings so its not a big deal
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:08 pm

the first picture below shows our first setup using our new sewer hoses mentioned above .... used one of the wrenches mentioned above to connect the Camco clear plastic fitting to the Valterra valve shown in the second picture .... the wrench made the connection quick and easy .... the hoses connected easily .... all in all, the easiest, quickest sewer hose setup that I've had in many, many a moon .... all in all, very pleased with this new equipment
Attachments
200105 001 site 47 003.jpg
200105 001 site 47 003.jpg (85.95 KiB) Viewed 3998 times
200105 001 site 47 003a.jpg
200105 001 site 47 003a.jpg (93.65 KiB) Viewed 3998 times
1 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:05 pm

I bet the wife liked it to Jim was in a better mood after completing the sewer hookup.
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:20 pm

well, one thing is for certain .... the lowered stress/frustration level sure made me feel better .. 8-)
0 x