Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

DeWalt Tools

Post about your hobbies that aren't elsewhere on the forum. Sub forums will be added as needed.
Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

DeWalt Tools

Post by Sir Henry » Fri Sep 29, 2023 8:55 am

My mostly USA made Craftman hand tool collection is coming along fine. I have all the basic tools and now am working on getting specialty tools.

I bought a cordless DeWalt 1/4 drive impact wrench so now want a few other cordless tools. Because the the batteries are priority I need to stick with DeWalt. Man those batteries sure are expensive. But then so are the tools themselves.

This tool came with two 1.5 amp batteries. Some go as high as 18 amps
E3336F43-E646-404C-8C87-FE977667F060.jpeg
E3336F43-E646-404C-8C87-FE977667F060.jpeg (2.32 MiB) Viewed 1145 times
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Re: DeWalt Tools

Post by markiver54 » Fri Sep 29, 2023 9:27 am

I have a Dewalt miter, (chop saw) and a Dewalt multi tool that have served me well. They seem to be quality tools.
1 x
I'm your Huckleberry

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by daytime dave » Fri Sep 29, 2023 1:17 pm

Gene, you have made a good choice there. I have all DeWalt power tools like you have just purchased. I think over all, they offer the best variety of tools for the battery. Old Milwakee is good to, but you have to stick with the battery type.
I have outdoor products, such as a blower, weed whacker, hedge trimmer, a pole saw and a chain saw. I have a drill, impact driver, jig saw, reciprocating saw, grinder etc. All work very well. I have a DeWalt self propelled mower for the camp. The weed whacker and blower reside there too as I have Stihl gas tools for the house.
You will be surprised at how many you accumulate.
1 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member

FormerParatrooper
Wrangler
United States of America

Post by FormerParatrooper » Fri Sep 29, 2023 1:49 pm

I use De Walt for work. I have that same impact :)
DeWalt is good in my book. I use and abuse my tools for work.
1 x
I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children can live in peace - Thomas Paine

US Army, 1983-2004.

H012 GMR

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Fri Sep 29, 2023 3:38 pm

Thanks all. I didn’t do any research and just bought one. I did pass on Craftsman and Milwaukee.
0 x

The Happy Kaboomer
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by The Happy Kaboomer » Fri Sep 29, 2023 11:41 pm

You can get batteries for Dewalt tools on Amazon or Ebay for 1/3 the price.........They are off brand but they work.
0 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Sat Sep 30, 2023 12:09 am

Take care buying off brand batteries. Many of them have no safety certification or certification lab monitoring followup. There can be risk of fire during use or charging.
Look for ETL, UL or TUV (most common) markings for batteries that have been safety lab certified.

Batteries with labels that only show CE and or FCC have not been certification lab tested, these logos are self declarations.
2 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Sat Sep 30, 2023 8:53 am

Mags wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2023 12:09 am
Take care buying off brand batteries. Many of them have no safety certification or certification lab monitoring followup. There can be risk of fire during use or charging.
Look for ETL, UL or TUV (most common) markings for batteries that have been safety lab certified.

Batteries with labels that only show CE and or FCC have not been certification lab tested, these logos are self declarations.
Very valid point Mags :!:
1 x
I'm your Huckleberry

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Sat Sep 30, 2023 11:49 am

I’m sticking to DeWalt brand batteries. I also just ordered a 20” chainsaw after using a neighbors for an hour.
1 x

Headhog
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Headhog » Sat Sep 30, 2023 10:05 pm

Mags wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2023 12:09 am

Mags is 100% on target with this answer. The off-brand batteries do not perform as well as the factory batteries nor will they last. This is certainly the situation where you get what you pay for.

Paul
2 x