Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

A Present From Miss T

Post about your hobbies that aren't elsewhere on the forum. Sub forums will be added as needed.
BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

A Present From Miss T

Post by BrokenolMarine » Wed May 11, 2022 9:18 pm

As many of you know, I have been watching the various leather working videos on line to improve my skills and learn new techniques. I had decided that I would save my money and eventually I would buy a harness / leather machine rather than a cheap Chinese hand crank sewing machine. I could sew all the projects I was doing and I could also repair Tina's harnesses and those my daughter has for all her horses. ;) (Yeah, that's the ticket. :twisted: )

I had seen the Cowboy 3200 in several of the videos in a number of the Professional shops and done some research. I mentioned to Tina that I would love to buy one down the road, to use to sew the holsters and sheaths, but for now, I was good with the hand stitching... it was a Pro Level machine and I never intended to go pro. She laughed...

Unknown to me, she called the guy who OWNS the brand now, and worked out a deal... Guess what was delivered to us at the local post office parking lot... on Tuesday. Tina met the freight driver there with the tractor and took delivery, I followed in the UTV for grins. We had put the pallet forks on the tractor and just scooped up the pallet and drove the mile back to the farm. The 18 wheeler might have had a bit of an issue on the narrow road leading to the farm, and especially the turn going back out. :) He appreciated the consideration and thanked us for the note on the delivery orders saying call from the post office parking lot.

01 pick up.jpg
01 pick up.jpg (210.71 KiB) Viewed 2813 times

This is a look down the hill on our long lane. Ah, this is most of our road. We ... live in the country. Fun in the winter with snow and ice on the road. You may remember me saying we pull folks out of the ditches each winter with the winch on the UTV...

down the hill.jpg
down the hill.jpg (137.91 KiB) Viewed 2813 times

If you look down the property line, you can easily tell where our lines start, we maintain our frontage. The renters in the adjacent property do not, but ... they rent.

our frontage is mowed.jpg
our frontage is mowed.jpg (206.45 KiB) Viewed 2813 times

Our frontage runs from the white corner posts on the left here, to about forty feet past the gravel drive and the mailboxes coming out at the bottom of the hill there in front of the house. I have commented on several posts that you see more tractors and UTV/ATV traffic here. Funny, Tina and I fit right in today... her on the tractor and Fiona and I on the UTV. :D

our road frontage.jpg
our road frontage.jpg (179.46 KiB) Viewed 2813 times

When we got the pallet home, being it was 99 degrees that day, we moved the boxes into the woodshop, where it was 68 degrees. Much more conducive to assembly. There were a number of boxes containing all manner of parts, plus the last box containing the machine.

02 the boxes.jpg
02 the boxes.jpg (202.56 KiB) Viewed 2813 times
03 last box.jpg
03 last box.jpg (179.53 KiB) Viewed 2813 times

We worked slowly, from the pictures and notes written on the bottom of the table, but NO written assembly directions. Funny, it was actually a lot easier than trying to assemble IKEA stuff. In less than 90 minutes we had the machine together and installed in it's slot, and had tested it. Works great. You can make it sew a stitch every ten seconds, or cook right along. I am very impressed.

04 the machine.jpg
04 the machine.jpg (176.25 KiB) Viewed 2813 times

Will I hand sew any long. Certainly. There are some small projects that I will enjoy hand sewing. But when I have larger projects, like the upcoming gunbelt and holster project... I will enjoy knocking that out on this machine. Miss T will be giving me lessons.
9 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

RanchRoper
Forum Ambassador
Canada

Re: A Present From Miss T

Post by RanchRoper » Wed May 11, 2022 9:20 pm

Sweet!
0 x
1860 Colt SA Richards Conversion Revolver .45C
1860 Henry .45C
1885 High Wall .45C
1820-1840 Frontier Percussion .50
1790-1820 Frontier Flintlock .50

Ohkínohkomit - Shoot skillfully

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Wed May 11, 2022 9:38 pm

Awesome! I know where a lot of your time will be spent! Pretty exciting!
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Wed May 11, 2022 10:48 pm

The new owner of the brand is no stranger to it. He holds the patent for the design for the 3200 model.
0 x

brm4450
Drover
United States of America

Post by brm4450 » Wed May 11, 2022 11:14 pm

Way cool
0 x
H012C, 2 H004V, H001TMER, H004SV, H001TV, H001TLB, H003T, H005MG, H001V, H001TLP, Rossi Ranch Hand, Uberti 1860, Ubérti 1866 Goldenboy
"when you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk" Tuco

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Wed May 11, 2022 11:17 pm

Looks Awesome Jim. Im sure you will have fun with that
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Thu May 12, 2022 1:45 am

I can't wait to learn to do all the cool stuff it will tackle.
0 x

Dahliathemeh
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Dahliathemeh » Thu May 12, 2022 9:39 am

Very nice!
0 x
I never take myself seriously....

Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Hatchdog » Thu May 12, 2022 10:04 am

Nice looking machine that will bring you pleasure for sure. That’s some beautiful country in your pics, green, green, green.
0 x

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Thu May 12, 2022 1:19 pm

Hatchdog wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 10:04 am
Nice looking machine that will bring you pleasure for sure. That’s some beautiful country in your pics, green, green, green.
Yup, that's why we chose the mountains rather than the plains where our daughter lives. :D Brown, brown, red clay. ;)
1 x