Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

New truck

Tell us about your rides. Daily transportation or your baby. Tell us about them and show them off.
daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

New truck

Post by daytime dave » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:37 am

Last month my girlfriend picked me up at work to go up to camp. We had some large items to bring up, so I loaded the truck the night before and she dropped me off and picked me up. As she switched from the driver to passenger, she said "You need a new truck." Music to my ears.
Our next door neighbor owns a used car business. He specializes in getting higher end vehicles for people. I said I would call him on Monday.

I had done research and decided that the Dodge had become a rolling rust bucket because of the Northeast winters and all the salt spread to keep us on the roads. I decided a 2015 or newer Ford F150 with the new aluminum body would be my choice. As I started looking, I told my neighbor simply, an F150, 2015 or newer, nice. It could be a cream puff if necessary. Nothing in white. As I looked into the F150 more, I had wanted a Platinum model as it had most all of the features I wanted. As I narrowed down the choices, I found out that the 2016 models with a tow package had a trailer back up assist. That was it.

I contacted my neighbor and revised my interests. A 2016 with sunroof/moonroof, leather seating, center console shift, tow package and no white. I would have liked a black on black Platinum best, but that priced out waaaaay too much, plus they are a bit too flashy for me. A couple of weeks later, he advised me he found three from a friend. White, ruby red and blue jeans metallic blue. I picked ruby red and promptly showed the girlfriend the colors the next day, just to make sure. Glad I did. I didn't like white, she detested ruby red. Blue it was. It was a single year lease return from Canada. 30 days to clear customs and Tuesday, it appeared in the driveway, right after being dropped off to his dealership. It was just what I wanted. Yesterday, after getting prepped for a few days, it was mine after work. I brought my neighbor my title, the check, and a gimlet (his drink of choice). We spent the night having drinks with our ladies on their deck until it started raining. The best car buying experience to date!

Here are a couple of pictures. First, the old and the new on Tuesday. A 2016 F150 Lariat model.
ImageImage

There were lots of little scratches and he had a guy that would make them all go away and really clean it up. Friday's results were great.
ImageImage

I am very stoked about the truck. It's the nicest vehicle I have ever owned. Some other things it has are the 3.5 turbo ecoboost, block heater, 36 gallon gas tank, heated rear seats, navigation and a few other things I need to discover.

The bed mat just came, so I'm off to install that and the new hitch cover.
8 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member

RetiredSeabee
Administrator
United States of America

Re: New truck

Post by RetiredSeabee » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:57 am

It's a beauty, enjoy all those new bells and whistles.
0 x
Load on Sunday and Shoot all Week.......okay it's a Mare's Leg I will reload on Wednesday. ;)

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:15 am

Very nice, DD! Congrats on the Lariat, which is also keeping in the "cowboy tradition!" ;)
And glad you had a good experience buying it....that is the icing on the cake!
Be safe, and enjoy the road beneath your tires for many years to come.

daytime dave wrote: The best car buying experience to date! A 2016 F150 Lariat model.

I am very stoked about the truck. It's the nicest vehicle I have ever owned.
0 x

~Пока~

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:17 am

I was still working in the RV industry when Ford introduced the 6 cylinder ecoboost .... based on reports from customers who I had come to depend on for info, any questions about their power were quickly put to rest .... for me what remained was concern over longevity .... well, those concerns have also been put to rest .... Ford clearly has a winner in this motor .... mileage is good so long as one can resist kicking in the turbo ... several have told me that doing so is so much fun that they have trouble resisting doing so .... congrats on your new truck, I hope it will serve you well
0 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:51 am

You will love that truck Dave I love my 2014 EcoBoost. An yes its fun to kick tthe turbos in especilly in the hills. They are impressive when pulling and I was surprised pulling the boat. Congrats and we will expect reports back with big smiles. I know I do everytime I kick my turbos. I like that color to. Al
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:16 am

Very nice truck! But I would also like to add you live an a nice neighborhood.
1 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:54 am

Very nice... all the way around. I'm glad you enjoyed the buying experience, it's not always the case. Your friend's connections paid off and you didn't have to settle... another plus. Again, not always the case, even when buying new. Beautiful truck. We are truck people as well... we have two. Big truck and little truck. ;)

Just made a trip from Central VA to Pensacola... we took the Titan. Comfortable, safe, power when needed. Gas mileage sux... but you can't have everything. Lol. :?

Congratulations... enjoy the new ride. :lol:
1 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

RanchRoper
Forum Ambassador
Canada

Post by RanchRoper » Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:08 pm

Cowboy Cadillac! Congrats.
1 x
1860 Colt SA Richards Conversion Revolver .45C
1860 Henry .45C
1885 High Wall .45C
1820-1840 Frontier Percussion .50
1790-1820 Frontier Flintlock .50

Ohkínohkomit - Shoot skillfully

Les
Cowboy
South Africa

Post by Les » Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:12 pm

That's a real beauty, Dave! Congratulations! Image
0 x

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by daytime dave » Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:09 pm

I had to drive it to my parents for planting and to work yesterday.

I put the mat in the back of the bed.
0 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member