Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

2011 Silverado

Tell us about your rides. Daily transportation or your baby. Tell us about them and show them off.
dave77
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: 2011 Silverado

Post by dave77 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:55 pm

I always get my keys cut at a local locksmith/security business. Very rarely have to take a key back to them for a re-do. They even have the capability to make unique chipped keys rather than clones and charge around a quarter of what car dealer's charge. I had one made for a friend's Honda for around $50 complete, not sure what Honda charges but I know Mazda dealers charge over $200 and that doesn't include the key.

I've not had good luck with new automatic key cutter's most hardware stores are going to.
0 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:15 am

earlier in December we ordered 3 replacement Key Fob Keyless Entry Remotes for our almost 10 year old Silverado .... $9 each from Amazon .... after learning the dealership would charge $50 each to program them, I decided to take them to a local independent shop .... to program them, a diagnostics computer has to be hooked up to the truck .... the local shop charged $20 program all 3 .... they all work 8-)
1 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:25 pm

a bit of good news (for a change :roll: ) .... after being charged way more for a single replacement ignition key for our Chevy 1500 that I was happy with, I ordered a pack of 2 "KeylessOption Replacement Uncut Transponder Chip Key Blank Ignition for Circle Plus" from Amazon ====> https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KT ... UTF8&psc=1 .... just got back from taking those two keys to our local ACE Hardware where they cut the blanks to fit our truck .... first, both keys fit perfectly .... second, after programming them, they crank the truck .... third, they didn't charge me a cent for cutting them .... they have no clue how much business of ours they will get from now on as a result :D
1 x