Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

2016 Camaro RS

Tell us about your rides. Daily transportation or your baby. Tell us about them and show them off.
JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Re: 2016 Camaro RS

Post by JEBar » Sun Feb 12, 2023 5:14 pm

well, color me surprised ..... given that its Sunday afternoon, make that very pleasantly surprised .... I just got off the phone talking with a lady working in the claims office of our insurance company ..... she called to establish a value for Maureen's Camaro .... I answered her questions related to its options and condition .... frankly, I was primed for a low ball estimate .... instead, she came up with a number that was extremely fair .... she estimated that we should be able to pickup the check at our agent's off by the end of this week
1 x

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Sun Feb 12, 2023 5:24 pm

JEBar wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2023 5:14 pm
well, color me surprised ..... given that its Sunday afternoon, make that very pleasantly surprised .... I just got off the phone talking with a lady working in the claims office of our insurance company ..... she called to establish a value for Maureen's Camaro .... I answered her questions related to its options and condition .... frankly, I was primed for a low ball estimate .... instead, she came up with a number that was extremely fair .... she estimated that we should be able to pickup the check at our agent's off by the end of this week
Wow, that's great news. Congratulations. glad you're happy with the settlement.
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:28 pm

our post wreck medical appoints first thing this morning went well.... on our way home we stopped by the car dealership where we buy our vehicles and spent the next 4 hours test driving various vehicles .... Maureen settled on ordering a 2023 Radiant Red Tintcoat Chevy Blazer .... its is a rich burgundy that reminds me of the GM burgundy of the late 60's .... the dealership will order it so as to have around the first of September when we get back from South Dakota .... Maureen really likes it and that's what counts

https://www.chevrolet.com/suvs/blazer
1 x

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:42 pm

That's awesome. I would find it hard to wait for. Congratulations! It's beautiful. 8-)
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:24 pm

Maureen's very happy with it ..... if we ordered it today it would come about the time we are scheduled to pull out for South Dakota ..... we couldn't see any since in having it come in and promptly sit for 3 months burning warranty .... she'll have the same motor as the Camaro with a 9 speed tranny .... with all wheel drive it is EPA'd about the same as the Camaro .... it has a feature that peaks my interest .... to save fuel the engine cuts off when sitting still (like at a traffic light) .... when you are ready to go you step on the gas pedal and the engine fires up .... as is the case with gasoline powered golf carts .... I'm told the starter isn't used so I have no clue how that works .... it does have a switch to turn that feature off and on
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Fri Feb 17, 2023 2:42 pm

well, our Camaro chapter has come to a close .... Maureen picked up the check from our insurance company and deposited it in our credit union account .... back in 2016 when we purchased the Camaro, it was Maureen's choice ..... I wasn't against it, neither was I solidly for it .... she was right .... it proved to be solid, comfortable vehicle with excellent performance and excellent mileage .... all that being said, its time to move on .... all we can do now is hope we will be as happy with the Blazer that we will order
0 x

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Fri Feb 17, 2023 4:16 pm

JEBar wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2023 2:42 pm
well, our Camaro chapter has come to a close .... Maureen picked up the check from our insurance company and deposited it in our credit union account .... back in 2016 when we purchased the Camaro, it was Maureen's choice ..... I wasn't against it, neither was I solidly for it .... she was right .... it proved to be solid, comfortable vehicle with excellent performance and excellent mileage .... all that being said, its time to move on .... all we can do now is hope we will be as happy with the Blazer that we will order
I think you will both be happier and feel safer with the extra metal around you and sitting higher for visibility. From what I saw, you are not compromising style or luxury. IMO, I think you are making a good decision.
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Fri Feb 17, 2023 4:40 pm

we certainly hope so
0 x