Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Heavily Advertised RV Show

Tell us about your rides. Daily transportation or your baby. Tell us about them and show them off.
JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Heavily Advertised RV Show

Post by JEBar » Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:21 pm

a local franchised dealership has been running a "big sale" with a show setup at a local outlet mall .... I've been hearing that the industry is undergoing hard times and the advertising for this show seems to me to corroborate it .... those ads forcefully stated "All New 2022's Must Go!" .... back when I worked in the industry having unsold new older models was very costly ..... the interest rates the dealership had to pay the company financing its floor plan escalated quickly and could easily put them out of business
2 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Re: Heavily Advertised RV Show

Post by BigAl52 » Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:37 pm

There is a few of MFG's that need to go out of business. They are producing nothing but pure junk and wanting people to pay enormous prices for them. Grand Design for one owned by Winnebago is really thumbing there nose at customers and not taking care of people who have issues with the bigger 5th wheels. Its all over Youtube about lousy welding and the quality of the steel being used in the Lippert frames. Ive had a close eye on mine just hoping that Forest River designed the frame in mine good enough to carry the load. Im now going to put heavier springs under mine because the arch in mine is already sagging out. Steel from our friends in China. Some of the RV dealers now are refusing to take certain models in on trade because of these issues
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:24 pm

My Camp-Inn teardrop is built to marine standards. Even after ten years they still hold 80% of MSRP.

https://www.tinycamper.com/

Most people think RV stands for recreational vehicle but in reality it stands for repair vehicle.
1 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:58 pm

we are currently camping with our club and tonight we went out to eat .... on the way we passed the mall where the RV Show mentioned above is underway ..... no clue how many campers are on display but there are bunches of them and that came as no surprise .... what was a bit unexpected was the clear lack of people wandering around among the units on display
0 x

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:28 pm

Oklahoma is a haven for RVs and Campers, you see the high top carports everywhere and RVs under them or missing because people are out using them. I think there are a lot of folks living in the RVs and Campers now instead of the Tiny homes because they can out in the rural areas. One of the farmers here had a pad poured out in the corner of one of his huge pastures, a pond dug, and Boom, instant home for his son and new bride. Cut a drive to the new "homestead" and a gate in that end of the long fence. Son and daughter in law live "on the farm" but not right in the farm house. (Went by there last week and they were pouring a pad for a nice big workshop on the other side of the two acre pond.) :)

You'll see a ratty little single wide trailer with an RV that cost three times what the trailer is worth parked under a nice Carport beside it. Really popular here.
0 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

dave77
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by dave77 » Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:28 am

I have a good friend living in a 5th wheel in my backyard. Dug trenches for power, water and a line to my septic tank. She's on SSI and her monthly check would not even cover rent on a decent place. I've heard there's a county ordinance that you can only live in a RV on private property for 14 days a month :?, but they're not enforcing it, they even set up two big lots for people with motor homes to park in because so many were just parking on city streets and taking over the sidewalks with their stuff.

I don't see it as getting any better. Our State has decided to make it almost impossible to evict anyone. A friend of mine has a few inexpensive rentals, he had 2 renters that hadn't paid him any rent for 6 months and he still had to pay a lawyer and go to court to get them evicted. He has no plans to rent them out again anytime soon and I imagine he not the only landlord with those problems.
0 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:37 pm

I guess the lack of people doesnt surprise me too much. Interest rates are high and the quality of the product they are producing is junk. I think people wanting to get into Rving are doing a little more research before they waste their hard earned money on a poorly built product that most RV dealers wont stand behind.
1 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:28 am

My diesel pusher is worth less than half of what I paid for it. Instead of selling it at a loss I build an RVshed for it and use it as an extra bedroom and tv room.

The rv served it’s purpose for about five months after I sold my home in Seattle. Even though it’s not worth much to sell it allowed me to sell in Seattle at the peak of housing and buy for a lot less in Wisconsin.
03695C09-C675-401D-B6FC-77AD277C722F.jpeg
03695C09-C675-401D-B6FC-77AD277C722F.jpeg (3.34 MiB) Viewed 100 times
I’ve been told by several neighbors they like what I’ve done to the place. The rv without the shed looked totally out of place and now it fits right in. By doing the walls like I did the rv is protected yet I can enjoy the view from inside.
2 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Hatchdog » Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:40 am

Sir Henry wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:28 am
My diesel pusher is worth less than half of what I paid for it. Instead of selling it at a loss I build an RVshed for it and use it as an extra bedroom and tv room.

The rv served it’s purpose for about five months after I sold my home in Seattle. Even though it’s not worth much to sell it allowed me to sell in Seattle at the peak of housing and buy for a lot less in Wisconsin.

I’ve been told by several neighbors they like what I’ve done to the place. The rv without the shed looked totally out of place and now it fits right in. By doing the walls like I did the rv is protected yet I can enjoy the view from inside.
I agree that the shed really makes the place look great but the landscaping below the RV shed completes the look. Wonderful.
1 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:44 am

Sir Henry wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:28 am

Gene you might be surprised at what you could get for it as most people now are looking at the older RV units because they were built better. I know you not trying to sell it now but just a comment. Ive like your place from the first time I saw it. I think CoFisher and I are the only ones who have seen it in person.
0 x

H001T .22LR
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55