Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Our Daughter's New Camper

Tell us about your rides. Daily transportation or your baby. Tell us about them and show them off.
JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Re: Our Daughter's New Camper

Post by JEBar » Tue Nov 28, 2023 3:14 pm

to date our daughter's new camper has performed flawlessly .... that streak just ended and did so with a failure that couldn't have come at a worse time .... we haven't winterized her camper because it is predicted to be below freezing for over 13 hours from later today until mid morning tomorrow ....keep in mind, I don't claim to be an RV Tech, nor do I play one on TV ..... that said, after checking everything I can think of, I believe the problem is its torque converter .... with its failure, the camper's propane furnace will not not work for an extended period .... in short the 12V propane heater will draw down the batteries and the torque converter will not recharge them .... at that point, the propane furnace will cease to function and if its cold enough for long enough pipes will fail .... when our daughter gets home from work today, we will winterize her camper and it will fine .... Maureen and I will tow it the the dealership Friday and leave it with them to officially diagnose the problem .... if they can fix it fine .... if they have to order parts we will probably go back and get it on Monday .... she needs it for a club camping weekend in early December
0 x

dave77
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by dave77 » Tue Nov 28, 2023 3:43 pm

Can it be set up to run on a small generator? Less wear and tear on the truck engine and maybe would use less gas.
0 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Tue Nov 28, 2023 4:20 pm

as noted, one of the major function of a converter is to keep the camper's battery/batteries charged .... if I'm right about the converter and a new one hasn't been installed, all we have to do it take along an automotive battery charger .... we can plug it into the campground's electricity so to keep them charged .... well, here again, that's my theory
0 x