Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

2024 Blazer RS

Tell us about your rides. Daily transportation or your baby. Tell us about them and show them off.
JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

2024 Blazer RS

Post by JEBar » Tue Feb 21, 2023 11:44 pm

well, time marches on .... other than a few memories which will no doubt generate sporadic conversations from time to time, the book has been closed on Maureen's Camaro .... no clue what salvage yard it may be in .... after several days of searching and multiple visits to the local Chevy dealership were we have purchased our vehicles since the mid '70's, we've put down a spec'd out a 2024 Chevy Blazer .... they will order it in June so it should be delivered in early September right after we get back home from spending the summer in South Dakota .... this link gives a good deal of info about it ====> https://www.chevrolet.com/suvs/blazer ....

a few observations from what I've learned so far :

1. I really wish they had given the same vehicle a different name .... over the years Blazers have been in competition with Ford Broncos and Dodge Ramchargers .... they were rather boxy vehicles designed for off-riding over unpaved surfaces such as sand, gravel, riverbeds, mud, snow, rocks, and other natural terrain. The current generation is much more in line with being a bit smaller SUV than a Tahoe .... while it does offer front-wheel-drive with a switch to convert it to all-wheel-drive, it doesn't have a low range that is needed for off-roading

2. its interior dash design is inspired by the current generation Camaro .... one comment I've heard repeatedly is, its designed for a fellow who wants a Camaro but has a family too large for one

3. it will be the first front-wheel-drive vehicle either of us has ever owned .... the same is true for all-wheel-drive

4. it will have more safety features than any we've owned

5. it will be our first experience with an adaptive cruise control which they say is an advanced driver-assistance system for road vehicles that automatically adjusts the vehicle speed to maintain a safe distance from vehicles ahead.

6. it will have the same 308hp V6 3.6L engine that was in our Camaro
0 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Re: 2024 Blazer RS

Post by BigAl52 » Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:31 am

I have a 21 Honda Passport Elite. It has the adaptive cruise control on it. It takes some getting used to and mine is adjustable In other words the driver can adjust the distance that it will give you from the vehicle in front of you. Mine also is able to be turned off and you can use the old fashion cruise. I have an 8 speed automatic didn’t see what the Blazer has. Also have the shift paddles on the back of the steering wheel. I have several road and off road settings. Its a nice vehicle and I have no trouble getting 26 to 27 mpg with a 3.5 V6. You will have fun learning all the new tech items.
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:38 am

Sounds nice Jim. I wonder though if you can turn off the adaptive cruise control. Dunno, but that might bother me. JMO.
I just think that some things should be left to to captain of the ship.🤷
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Wed Feb 22, 2023 9:28 am

Sounds like a nice ride Jim no matter what the name.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Wed Feb 22, 2023 9:29 am

Another thing I have and I bet you do also is the lane guidance system. That actually is pretty cool once you get used to the steering wheel movement when you are to close to the lines. That can also be disabled on mine.
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Wed Feb 22, 2023 9:52 am

BigAl52 wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 9:29 am
Another thing I have and I bet you do also is the lane guidance system. That actually is pretty cool once you get used to the steering wheel movement when you are to close to the lines. That can also be disabled on mine.
Both my Subaru and van have it. On the van it’s adjustable. Once yesterday I was changing lanes and it brought me back into my lane and a second later a car passed me by at least 30 mph faster. They had changed from another lane and was weaving in and out.
1 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Wed Feb 22, 2023 2:54 pm

BigAl52 wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:31 am
In other words the driver can adjust the distance that it will give you from the vehicle in front of you. Mine also is able to be turned off and you can use the old fashion cruise. I have an 8 speed automatic didn’t see what the Blazer has. Also have the shift paddles on the back of the steering wheel.
I'm told the adaptive cruise control setting for maintaining a distance is adjustable .... you also have the option of using it or regular cruise control .... the Blazer is supposed to come with a 9 speed tranny and V6 3.6 L more .... no paddle shifters
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Wed Feb 22, 2023 3:01 pm

BigAl52 wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 9:29 am
Another thing I have and I bet you do also is the lane guidance system That can also be disabled on mine.
it does have lane guidance system that you can turn on and off as you wish .... this will be the first vehicle we have owned with such a system .... I have driven our Daughter's Suburban that has such a system .... I think it will take some getting used to
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Wed Feb 22, 2023 3:05 pm

one system it will come with that I'm looking forward to using is several cameras .... it will really be nice to know how much you can pull forward in a parking place and not hit a curb
0 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Wed Feb 22, 2023 5:59 pm

JEBar wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 3:05 pm
one system it will come with that I'm looking forward to using is several cameras .... it will really be nice to know how much you can pull forward in a parking place and not hit a curb
It’s a big help especially backing out of a blind spot. I’ve gotten the warnings many times when I can’t see.
0 x