Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

2024 Blazer RS

Tell us about your rides. Daily transportation or your baby. Tell us about them and show them off.
JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Re: 2024 Blazer RS

Post by JEBar » Wed Feb 22, 2023 6:38 pm

Sir Henry wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 5:59 pm
It’s a big help especially backing out of a blind spot. I’ve gotten the warnings many times when I can’t see.
Maureen's Camaro had the rear sensors and they most certainly came in handy .... it didn't have front ones
1 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Thu Mar 02, 2023 6:43 pm

earlier today we road over to the Chevy dealer from whom we will be ordering a Blazer .... we were there to take care of setting up refunds for extended insurance on our former Camaro and another on its tires/rims .... we asked if they had a 2023 Blazer in stock and they said one had come in a few days ago ..... having not seen one in person, we asked to take a look at it .... a fellow grabbed the keys and away we went .... can't say we were very surprised to see a SOLD sign on the windshield .... while it didn't have the same option package as the one we on order, we thoroughly enjoyed giving it a once over ..... we are pleased with the interior space and general layout .... its luggage area is massive .... so much so that if they ever choose to do so, it could accommodate a third row of seats .... we also spoke with a fellow in their finance department whose wife has a 2022 .... he said she really likes it .... almost all of her driving is in-town, short trips .... her mileage runs in the low to mid 20's
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Fri Mar 03, 2023 3:46 pm

BigAl52 wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:31 am
I have an 8 speed automatic didn’t see what the Blazer has. Also have the shift paddles on the back of the steering wheel.
I continue to learn more and more about the 2023 Blazer RS .... when asked about paddle shifters, I said it doesn't have any and that is the case .... at that time I didn't know that on the left side of the floor shift there is a "+" and a "-" button .... move the shifter to "L" and those buttons can be used to manually shift the transmission .... in short the buttons perform the same function as paddle shifters
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Wed May 03, 2023 10:05 am

our local dealership finally got in a '23 Blazer RS so we were able to look one over and test drive it .... Maureen really enjoyed driving it which takes care of one concern .... we've finalized the options we want built into ours .... they say they will order it June 1st and anticipate having it ready for us when we return from South Dakota in late August .... we learned that by ordering it at that time it will be titled as a 2024 model .... they don't anticipate much if any change in price .... GM is getting ready to go into heavy production of electric Blazers .... as such they have been asked see if folks like us would be willing to change to an electric model .... our answer was and is an emphatic NO WAY
3 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Wed Jul 12, 2023 12:22 pm

I just edited this thread to reflect that our Blazer will be a 24 model .... in a call to the dealership I learned ours is shown as being the first to be made in the next production run .... they are hot and heavy into turning out electric models, no info as to when the next production of gas models will be .... we should be back home in about 6 weeks... we can only hope the timing on all this works out
1 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Wed Jul 12, 2023 4:34 pm

This electric vehicle stuff is totally annoying to me. Its like there shoving it down our throats. To each their own but it isnt working for me.
1 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Wed Jul 12, 2023 4:53 pm

The EV stuff is crazy. They are pushing EVs and they won't work for everyone. We live in OK, where unless you live IN one of the few major cities you are going to have to drive a ways to do any major shopping, or to find certain things you need. We make a number of LONG drives, and we also haul three different trailers heavily loaded. Thanks, but no thanks.

If you drive around the area here, a large percentage of the homes have a RV or Camper under a canopy beside the house. EVs aren't likely to handle that load either.
1 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Wed Jul 12, 2023 5:31 pm

BigAl52 wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2023 4:34 pm
This electric vehicle stuff is totally annoying to me. Its like there shoving it down our throats. To each their own but it isnt working for me.
Nor for me!!
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Wed Jul 12, 2023 7:25 pm

Don't keep us in suspense... What COLOR did you order? Any special options?
0 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Wed Jul 12, 2023 8:57 pm

BrokenolMarine wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2023 7:25 pm
Don't keep us in suspense... What COLOR did you order? Any special options?
we ordered a Radiant Red Tint Coat colored RS (Rally Sport) Model with almost all options available .... we didn't order any type of moon roof or sun roof .... to get to a video of it in the link below you have to wade a bit through a few screens .... it will be only the second red vehicle we've ever owned .... the other was a '78 Jeep J10 Pickup that we kept for 24 years

https://www.chevrolet.com/suvs/blazer#r ... t-metallic
0 x