Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Parts truck (maybe)

Tell us about your rides. Daily transportation or your baby. Tell us about them and show them off.
bandit1250
Cowboy
United States of America

Parts truck (maybe)

Post by bandit1250 » Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:22 am

My former employer gave me a '99 Toyota Tundra that was our service truck since new. Recently took out of service and used at his place for hauling. It has 430,510 miles on it with the original 3.4 V-6 four cam 24 valve engine. Two wheel drive, 8 ft. bed standard cab and manual 5 speed. The manual trans is high on my list over a slush box auto. Everything I have tried on it still works including the factory air condition. Had only one timing belt and water pump replacement at 266,300 miles. He never knew it had a belt. So this belt is getting up near 170,000 miles on it. Clutch rebuild at 280,000+ miles. Not bad for 20+ different drivers. I have drove this truck around here on the back roads and now not sure I want to part it out. It runs to good to not tag it and use it for a winter beater and hauling coal and wood. If I part it out I will have a good supply of parts for my '03 which is the same power train and both have the 4.08 rear axel ratio. This truck has the factory Tundra aluminum rims that he left on it for me. I will restore the rims this winter. There is not chips from the beads or any damage other than the brake dirt damage. Has the center caps and what looks to be almost new factory Toyota lug nuts on it. Has new K&N life time air filter in it that I have never had one before. It will go in my truck and I will see if they are as good as I have heard about them. So this week they informed they want to give me the other Tundra from their business. It is a '02 auto trans two wheel drive with I believe is around the 350,000 mile mark. So there is a bunch more parts to salvage for me to store. Can't keep all these trucks sitting here. I am shocked that my wife don't mind these sitting here until I strip the parts I want but that could be due to her loving my '03 Tundra that we will keep for as long as possible. Mine is low mileage at 202,000. :D Glad mine is still a rust free truck due to the grease and oil under coating I have applied every few years. Having a few spare parts for trucks this old is cheap insurance if some thing does fail and I have parts here. I would put that high mileage engine in my truck and never give it a second thought after a belt/pump service and some other gasket replacing and a clean up.
This truck had 10-40 Castrol used it since it's owner doesn't like the 5-30 recommended weight but didn't seem to hurt the engine life at all.
3 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Re: Parts truck (maybe)

Post by Sir Henry » Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:25 pm

I bet that 4.08 gets it off the line fast.
1 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Re: Parts truck (maybe)

Post by JEBar » Sun Sep 12, 2021 4:40 pm

sounds like you are well set .... you should find a ready market for any parts you don't want to keep
1 x