Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Hybrid Solutions

Tell us about your rides. Daily transportation or your baby. Tell us about them and show them off.
BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Hybrid Solutions

Post by BigAl52 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:47 am

This is a wax product that Turtle Wax has come out with along with many other companies known for there wax and car care products. Ive been using Turtle wax spray wax in the blue bottle that is a polymar type wax on my vehicle for the last couple years. I use it because alot of the newer vehicles have black plastic trim on them. When you use a past or liquid regular type wax if you get that on the plastic its hard to get off. I watched a youttube video on the Hybrid Solutions wax and decided I would try it sometime. Its a ceramic type wax. Yesterday I had the opportunity to give it a try. I went to the local Oreillys to get a bottle of RainX. Our new 5er has a window in the nose of it. Its a cool feature I really like. Ya sure it will have its drawbacks but lots of things do. Anyone that has been around a 5th wheel or a vehicle with a big mass in the front knows BUGS. They are fun to get off. So I usually try to wax the nose frequently of the 5th wheel because the bugs come off so much easier. When I looked at this ceramic wax it said use it on glass so I did. Along with the entire nose of the trailer. Man is that stuff slick. You could really tell from the looks of the nose it had a great coat of wax on it. I will report back later on how it worked. Its suppose to bead water and last for up to one year. I do know that the Polymar stuff I have been using works great. Its easy to apply and makes washing the cars much easier.
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

MuddyWaters62
Cowhand
United States of America

Re: Hybrid Solutions

Post by MuddyWaters62 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:12 am

I wonder if that Hybrid solutions stuff would protect new headlight lenses? I had to buy a set of new headlamp assemblies for my wife's Chrysler Aspen. Her old lenses were so badly etched that the state would not pass yearly inspection. At $150 bucks a pop for each side, I would like to get a lot more mileage out of them.

Muddy Waters 67
0 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:42 am

Im not sure about that Muddy as its a new product. But those headlight lenses are plastic and they get alot of wear and tear from the sun. I had to replace one on a 2005 Bonneville. I do know that I have used Meguiars plastic polish and wax and it does help with keeping them is better shape. But the sun will destroy anything.
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

MuddyWaters62
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by MuddyWaters62 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:54 am

Thanks, Al. We sure get our fair share of Ole' Sol here. My Aspen is an '08. That Hemi has over 220,000 is still going strong. I just don't want to trade her in on new model.

Muddy Waters 67
0 x

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:45 pm

Don't know if it will work for yours, but a friend told us to polish our old junker (parts) festiva headlight lenses with a polishing (grit) toothpaste. Tina spent an afternoon in the shade, with her dremel, some water, toothpaste, and polishing wheels, and the lenses looked like new. We swapped them into the drivable festiva where a deer had cracked one, and both were hazed by the sun. :)
0 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

dave77
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by dave77 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:05 pm

Since my Miata was new I've always put wax/polish on my lenses when I do the car. It got a lot of morning sun at work, since retiring 6 years ago it's always garaged when not being driven. At 16 years old it's headlights are still pretty clear. I'm amazed at the number of newer looking cars on the road that have very clouded headlight lenses.

I've heard about the new ceramic polishes, might give one a try when I run out of my Zaino polish.

taken last year, not as bad as it looks in the photo, sun reflection made it look worse.

taken in 2016, 11 years old
0 x