Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

2021 Silverado 1500

Tell us about your rides. Daily transportation or your baby. Tell us about them and show them off.
Headhog
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: 2021 Silverado 1500

Post by Headhog » Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:48 pm

Follow-up on my 2021 Silverado:

At 6 months of ownership, I am really impressed with this truck. I now have 5800 miles on the truck and the last two fill-ups I had 28.7 & 28.5 mpg. This is real gas mileage based on actual gallons used and miles driven. Although the computer reports very close to this I like to track actual mpg on my phone. I use an app. called Fuelly and I keep all my vehicles in it.

I had the truck serviced (oil, filter & tire rotation) at the dealer. GM picks up the first service with their new trucks. So far I've have not had problems or issues that require a trip in for service. Going forward I will probably do my own oil changes since the cost is about half of what the dealer charges. Getting the right oil for this engine is not easy. Seems that the required Dexos-D rated oil is only available from Delco. Fortunately Rock Auto carries it and is much cheaper that buying from GM.

Paul
0 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Re: 2021 Silverado 1500

Post by JEBar » Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:33 pm

really good to hear your truck is performing so well .... looking forward to following your continuing reports
1 x