Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

1977 Pontiac Can Am. We had one back then!

Tell us about your rides. Daily transportation or your baby. Tell us about them and show them off.
fortyshooter
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

1977 Pontiac Can Am. We had one back then!

Post by fortyshooter » Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:41 am

https://youtu.be/riEEfaVVxAA

Stopped by our local Pontiac dealer to find they had one coming in. It came in early before all the Pontiac paperwork arrived at the dealership.
We bought it and a week later the salesman calls us to say there was supposed to be an additional $375 cost added to the sticker for the Can Am conversion...decals,spoiler and T/A shaker scoop added by the off site vendor. We said sorry the deal is done.
Nice healthy ol' Pontiac 400. I swapped in the rear trans crossmember from the 1973 Pontiac Lemans GTO that had the double humps for dual exhaust
and put true duals on it with high flow 2 1/2 inch mufflers. Opened up the T/A scoop with vac acctuated door like the 1970 version to make scoop work. Then put a curve kit in the distributor with the stock 3.08 gear it would run high 14's at the strip.
This was my wife's daily driver and we owned it for 8 yrs. Maybe should have kept that one! Had plans to restore it and add in the good Pontiac
Ram-Air engine parts.
1 x

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Re: 1977 Pontiac Can Am. We had one back then!

Post by markiver54 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:49 am

What an awesome memory Forty! Interesting story. I had forgotten about those.
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry