Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Elio Type Vehicle Resurection --- AKA the BEX

Tell us about your rides. Daily transportation or your baby. Tell us about them and show them off.
JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Re: Elio Type Vehicle Resurection --- AKA the BEX

Post by JEBar » Sun Apr 24, 2022 2:28 pm

Per Mark BEX ....

Chipping away at the driving issues, steering is good now, brakes are great, feels very personal to drive with just the one seat up front, nice feeling

Weird vibes through the phone camera distorting the clarity, but be patient as it gets to external view later in the video.

I should really do a full safety check before I drive it next, a full check on every single nut and bolt, but excitement overcomes sensibilities!

PS: It's not slow!

SEE LINK ====> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9-RVzfhWZE
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sun Apr 24, 2022 2:35 pm

​Mark's BEX is a proven head turner .... the picture below was taken at the 3:00 mark of the video above .... the bike rider turned all the way around!! .... there is no doubt that is something those of us who purchase one will see often :lol:

Attachments
220424 001 Turned Head 001.jpg
220424 001 Turned Head 001.jpg (24 KiB) Viewed 788 times
1 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Mon Apr 25, 2022 8:38 am

I asked Mark --- I was wondering the same thing .... I was a bit concerned that the shifter bracket would rub against the outside of my right leg

Mark's response --- I am a fidgety person, I hate being uncomfortable or things touching me, other than females, and I instantly notice these things, yet nothing. I hate things dangling from a car key touching your knee for example.

The worst is no floor to rest my foot on for clutch operation, that I noticed, and the throttle travel is too short, I noticed that in the donor car when I drove it, barely moves an inch.
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:56 pm

I just got word that Mark has been called away for a few days to take care of an urgent matter .... accordingly, he may or may not be posting about advances for a little while
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sat Apr 30, 2022 8:16 am

GREAT NEWS !!!

Per Mark BEX ....

I have deleted the Poll, it told me enough, and that enough is enough to start a program for the next development step.
I believe there is an immediate batch of 50 that would be delivered and importantly, I can cash that up myself.

I know this could end up easily in thousands of them based on what support Elio received, but I work to the minimum numbers and keep my self safe and sane. I eat elephants one bite at a time.

I might mention the moment my Passport is secured, I am flying to meet a manufacturer who is very keen, who already has a few of their vehicles in America (off road Buggys) which means they have already sorted transportion and other factors involved. They mentioned one of their vehicles is getting DOT, I will know more when I visit them about that.

I do not want to mention in public who the company is at this time, they are the real deal.
1 x

Headhog
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Headhog » Sat Apr 30, 2022 3:41 pm

Wow!!!! That is good news. He has been working tirelessly on this project and is on the verge of seeing this come to fruition.

Paul
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sat Apr 30, 2022 5:37 pm

he is a remarkable young man who I've come to respect .... unless a totally unexpected major negative comes along, I believe he will bring it to production
3 x

Mark BEX
Tenderfoot
Australia

Post by Mark BEX » Mon May 02, 2022 2:41 pm

"Young man"? hehe! I'm a 1961 model :-)

I must thank JEBar for all his support, it's people like JE that make days when nothing comes together a bit more worth the effort.

I am a bit surprised to find myself in a rifle forum with my car, but hey, whatever works!

As you may know, they took all our guns off us in Australia, but I was lucky enough as a kid to not only own a few air rifles (slug gun we call them), and be able to shoot it pretty freely around the place, but also go what we call "Spotlighting" often, which is hunting at night from a vehicle with a spotlight, usually with shotguns, but sometimes rifles. Good times, Govs can't steal your memories from you thankfully.

Anyway, car coming along steadily, I have a few plans how to implement it, and that's what is currently being assessed and sorted :-)

Thanks again to JE!

Mark :-)
2 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Mon May 02, 2022 3:35 pm

Mark BEX wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 2:41 pm
"Young man"? hehe! I'm a 1961 model :-)
I'm a '46 model so young man most certainly applies .... we are happy to have Mark posting on the open forum, exciting times are ahead .... 8-)
2 x

Cofisher
Drover
United States of America

Post by Cofisher » Mon May 02, 2022 7:50 pm

Lord love you Mark. A great many of of us oldsters are rooting for you. Thanks for the inspiration and education. As a 2 wheeler, I'm not too excited about 3 wheel critters. But, old dogs can learn new tricks. Keep it up brother.
2 x
Remember, it's not how many guns you have. It's how many bullets you have.