Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

2024 Blazer RS

Tell us about your rides. Daily transportation or your baby. Tell us about them and show them off.
JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Re: 2024 Blazer RS

Post by JEBar » Thu Aug 31, 2023 2:02 pm

per Hannibal on the A-Team, "I love it when a plan comes together." .... today we learned that Maureen's new Blazer is on a transport train and is scheduled to be delivered to our dealership next week between Sept 6th and 9th .... once it arrives it should take them three or four days to test drive it, have it ceramic coated and and get it ready for delivery .... one interesting thing I learned today is, there is no engine break-in period .... rather, simply drive it as normal from the first time I crank it .... that said, I still think I'll take it easy with it for a while
1 x

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Thu Aug 31, 2023 6:39 pm

JEBar wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2023 2:02 pm
per Hannibal on the A-Team, "I love it when a plan comes together." .... today we learned that Maureen's new Blazer is on a transport train and is scheduled to be delivered to our dealership next week between Sept 6th and 9th .... once it arrives it should take them three or four days to test drive it, have it ceramic coated and and get it ready for delivery .... one interesting thing I learned today is, there is no engine break-in period .... rather, simply drive it as normal from the first time I crank it .... that said, I still think I'll take it easy with it for a while
As with most break in periods, when their needed, one of the most important things is to vary your speed. Don't drive a long time at the same speed. May not apply here, but that's what I practice.
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Thu Aug 31, 2023 7:19 pm

markiver54 wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2023 6:39 pm
As with most break in periods, when their needed, one of the most important things is to vary your speed. Don't drive a long time at the same speed. May not apply here, but that's what I practice.
same with me and I specifically asked about it .... they said no problem with getting out on an interstate and setting the cruise
1 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Fri Sep 01, 2023 12:41 am

Today’s engines are pre broke in. Many of them come with a synthetic oil already in the engine. No need to easy on them drive them how you are going to drive it
1 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Fri Sep 01, 2023 9:07 am

we started keeping a detailed log in all of our vehicles way back when you could deduct gasoline taxes .... over time, filling it out has become second nature .... it really helps in keeping track of regular maintenance and other items such has tire rotation .... today I hope to make the book for Maureen's new Blazer
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Fri Sep 08, 2023 12:54 pm

we were out and about a little while ago and stopped by our dealership .... its been sitting in Winston-Salem which is about 100 miles west of us for 3 days .... their computer says it should get to the dealership tomorrow ..... the guys who work there said that is possible but more realistically be there over the weekend or on Monday .... we spent a good while discussing optional tire/wheel, windshield protection plans, extended warranties, service plans and such .... we find that some were worth the expense to us and some weren't .... my biggest fear in purchasing today's vehicle is the cost of computer and other electronic system issues .... with the information we received today, we are now ready finalize the purchase whenever its ready
1 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Fri Sep 08, 2023 4:05 pm

just received a call from the dealership that Maureen's new Blazer is waiting to be unloaded off the truck as this is being typed .... we are scheduled to go over at 10AM tomorrow and do the paperwork
0 x

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Fri Sep 08, 2023 4:29 pm

Great news. I hope everything turns out as expected. Now, you have to plan it's maiden journey. 😁
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Fri Sep 08, 2023 5:58 pm

markiver54 wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2023 4:29 pm
Great news. I hope everything turns out as expected. Now, you have to plan it's maiden journey. 😁
our first out of state trip was planned 6 or so months ago .... we plan to take it to Myrtle Beach a high school reunions .... no, neither of us went to school in Myrtle Beach ..... the high school I went to in Charlotte has held a joint reunion with one of our strongest rivals in Myrtle for several years .... this my well be the last of them so we decided to go .... the first out of town trip in it just might be a day trip to Asheville were we can eat at the Moose Cafe ... ;)
0 x

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Fri Sep 08, 2023 6:45 pm

JEBar wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2023 5:58 pm
markiver54 wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2023 4:29 pm
our first out of state trip was planned 6 or so months ago .... we plan to take it to Myrtle Beach a high school reunions .... no, neither of us went to school in Myrtle Beach ..... the high school I went to in Charlotte has held a joint reunion with one of our strongest rivals in Myrtle for several years .... this my well be the last of them so we decided to go .... the first out of town trip in it just might be a day trip to Asheville were we can eat at the Moose Cafe ... ;)
Sounds like a great plan Jim. Let me know if and when you might visit the Moose. In the mean time, enjoy that reunion. 🙂
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry