Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Elio Type Vehicle Resurection --- AKA the BEX

Tell us about your rides. Daily transportation or your baby. Tell us about them and show them off.
markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Re: Elio Type Vehicle Resurection --- AKA the BEX

Post by markiver54 » Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:14 pm

Thanks Jim!
I know it's been a long process, but keep the updates coming. Very interesting.
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

Cofisher
Drover
United States of America

Post by Cofisher » Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:41 pm

What do you think the price will be?
0 x
Remember, it's not how many guns you have. It's how many bullets you have.

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:24 pm

his goal is an MSRP for around $10,000 .... I foresee a huge, diverse market .... students going off to school, delivery vehicles, towed behind motorhomes, bikers who want a year round vehicle, a cheap option to help keep miles off of more expensive cars and the list goes on and on ....
1 x

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:15 pm

JEBar wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:24 pm
his goal is an MSRP for around $10,000 .... I foresee a huge, diverse market .... students going off to school, delivery vehicles, towed behind motorhomes, bikers who want a year round vehicle, a cheap option to help keep miles off of more expensive cars and the list goes on and on ....
Profound and valid analyses that makes sense!
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:25 pm

vehicles of this type has been referred to as "and" cars .... most definitely not a family with kids vehicle .... rather used to keep miles off of much higher priced family vehicle .... similar to a motorcycle
1 x

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:12 pm

JEBar wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:25 pm
vehicles of this type has been referred to as "and" cars .... most definitely not a family with kids vehicle .... rather used to keep miles off of much higher priced family vehicle .... similar to a motorcycle
A most ingenious and probable prosperous persuit given these questionable times!
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:31 am

Per Mark BEX ....

I hope you can see the difference between yesterday's B pillar, and today, widened aprox 1" each side at the top, 2" overall, and fits more snugly into the B pillar outer skin hollow..

I made the effort because I feel it's important that the rear seat passenger feels as open and as unconfined as possible, also opening up the view either side of the driver..
Attachments
211208 001 B Pillar 3 001.jpg
211208 001 B Pillar 3 001.jpg (31.8 KiB) Viewed 999 times
0 x

Headhog
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Headhog » Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:38 pm

Jim, I appreciate your dedication on keeping us up-to-date on this. I also appreciate Mark's dedication to making this project come to fruition. I find the entire process amazing. I wish him the best.

Thanks,
Paul
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:36 pm

Headhog wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:38 pm
Jim, I appreciate your dedication on keeping us up-to-date on this. I also appreciate Mark's dedication to making this project come to fruition. I find the entire process amazing. I wish him the best.

Thanks,
Paul
its my pleasure .... I've been fascinated by the concept of a reverse trike with a fully enclosed cabin since first seeing on in Popular Mechanics back early 60's .... just under 10 years ago Paul Elio introduced his version to the world and I quickly became a fan .... as a marketer, Elio Motors proved to be a dynamic force that motivated over 65,000 people to pay $100 to $1,000 for nothing more than a spot in line to purchase one if their trike went into production .... they squandered millions of dollars and have yet to come anywhere close to production .... they still have a very large dedicated following of folks who maintain the hope that they will .... Mark, realized the market potential and has committed himself to bringing his trike to production .... I've gotten to know him (off line) and to put it bluntly, I firmly believe he will do so .... I have long missed riding a motorcycle that ended due to some physical issues .... those issues remain and their list has grown longer over time .... one major addition is having a wife who wants no part of it .. :roll: .. age dictates that our days of being able to tow our camper thousands of miles is coming to an end .... once the BEX comes on the market we have groups all over the country that are planning to organize chapters that will stage rides and tours as is common among many motorcycle enthusiast .... of course there are no guarantees but we really do have high hopes
3 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sat Dec 11, 2021 7:56 am

Starting to look like a chassis again ....
Attachments
211211 001 B pillar 6 001.jpg
211211 001 B pillar 6 001.jpg (35.63 KiB) Viewed 965 times
0 x