Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

2021 Trip To Texas

Tell us where you are traveling to, what you might see. Tell us where you went, what you saw.
Make arrangements to meet up with members in your travels. Be sure to post lots of pictures too!
JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Re: 2021 Trip To Texas

Post by JEBar » Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:59 am

BigAl52 wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:44 pm
JEBar wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:30 pm
BigAl52 wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:10 pm
Ok so at what point are you letting air out because your tire systems is not liking it
once the temp goes above 125 <=== my error, that should have read once the pressure goes above 125
Interesting. I dont think I have ever seen mine above that temp.
BigAl52 wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:39 pm
Every tire has a min and max pressure stamped on it. If a tire is over inflated past its max said pressure on the side of the tire sure it can cause a blow out due to expansion after it goes down the road. My tires on the trailer are max 110lbs cold. I fill them to about 105. Ive watched them on hot days get to 120 to 125. Thats not excessive and manufactures know that they are going to expand some. Just curious where Jim is letting air out.

sounds like we are actually doing pretty much the same thing .... only difference is I cold fill to 100 ....
0 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:02 am

Thats what I do is fill at cold temperature before I leave on the trip.
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:48 am

update ....

a few stats and comments .... our last day's drive covered 222.8 miles in 5 hrs .... the trip itself lasted for 84 days ....during that time we drove 3,907.6 miles .... with the exception of one week the weather was as good as one could hope for .... that week set record lows for us and for Texas .... the night it got down to 12 degrees set a personal record for us in our current camper .... as good as the weather was for the rest of the time, the week of "life threatening" cold will be what is talked about for years to come .... our decision to spend all but a few days on or near Lake Conroe has turned out to be a good one .... a pattern we anticipate copying next year .... needing on the road repairs to our truck and/or camper is nothing new but this year they proved to be much more expensive than we are used to .... our frustration at not being able to schedule our Covid shots while down there has been eliminated by being able to have our first one 2 days after we got back home .... we've made new friends and made some really good memories .... one disappointment was not being able to do any trap shooting while it Texas this year
0 x