Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Availability of Diesel

Tell us where you are traveling to, what you might see. Tell us where you went, what you saw.
Make arrangements to meet up with members in your travels. Be sure to post lots of pictures too!
Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Re: Availability of Diesel

Post by Sir Henry » Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:27 am

Travlin wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:08 am
Sir Henry, Where are you going in Florida? Anywhere near the Tampa Bay area?
I’m driving my 97 year old neighbor to wherever she wants to go. She has relatives in the south. Her name is Norma but I call her Miss Daisy when I’m taking her somewhere. I might be in the TB area. I’m not sure if we will go to Marcis Island because they are having a Red Tide and the are saying people with respiratory issues should stay away. Miss Daisy is now telling me North Carolina instead of Florida. We will visit her relatives in Texas and then maybe do Route 66.
1 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:29 am

JEBar wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:21 am
per our local news coverage .... shortages should have the greatest impact on the northeast (New England States) .... no shortages observed or reported across NC .... we will be traveling back home from the NC mountains to day will report back if we find anything different
I’ve read that too. Thanks I suspect you know a lot about this because you travel so much in a diesel powered rig.
0 x

GunnyGene
Drover
United States of America

Post by GunnyGene » Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:36 am

Sir Henry wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:20 am
GunnyGene wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:57 am
Check your planned route against Gas Buddy.

https://www.gasbuddy.com/
Thanks. I’m already a member of Loves and the Pilot/Flying J apps. The ones that search all the different brands aren’t accurate in my book. They are swayed by certain brands that pay to have their listing on top. My Subaru is a prime example. I can be sitting in the pumps of a lower priced station and my Subaru will tell me to go ten miles down the road to a brand that has paid Subaru. Same is true of Garmin and Tom Tom.

My motor home has a 130 gallon tank of which 110 gallons are considered usable. I can generally go 500 to 800 miles on a fillup depending if I want to take it to 1/2 or 1/4 full. On the open road I can get 10 or sometimes 11 mpg. Average actual results are 8 to 10 depending on how many side trips and stops I make.

I’m really just trying to get everyone‘a gut feeling as I trust you guys and gals more than the news.
If you're taking I-10 between FL and TX you shouldn't have any problems except for traffic. Gets pretty crazy around NOLA.
0 x
Bellum Omnium Contra Omnes is rapidly becoming a reality (11/2023). Para Bellum.

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:13 am

GunnyGene wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:36 am
Sir Henry wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:20 am
GunnyGene wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:57 am
Check your planned route against Gas Buddy.

https://www.gasbuddy.com/
Thanks. I’m already a member of Loves and the Pilot/Flying J apps. The ones that search all the different brands aren’t accurate in my book. They are swayed by certain brands that pay to have their listing on top. My Subaru is a prime example. I can be sitting in the pumps of a lower priced station and my Subaru will tell me to go ten miles down the road to a brand that has paid Subaru. Same is true of Garmin and Tom Tom.

My motor home has a 130 gallon tank of which 110 gallons are considered usable. I can generally go 500 to 800 miles on a fillup depending if I want to take it to 1/2 or 1/4 full. On the open road I can get 10 or sometimes 11 mpg. Average actual results are 8 to 10 depending on how many side trips and stops I make.

I’m really just trying to get everyone‘a gut feeling as I trust you guys and gals more than the news.
If you're taking I-10 between FL and TX you shouldn't have any problems except for traffic. Gets pretty crazy around NOLA.
I’ve heard that. There is currently road construction too. The Florida and Texas trips will be separate. We will be gone for two weeks then be home for five days during Christmas then head out December 26th for Texas and beyond for a month.
0 x

MuddyWaters62
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by MuddyWaters62 » Sat Nov 26, 2022 3:18 pm

Gene,
I live on the TX-OK state line just north of Dallas and Diesel is running about $4.60 here. I parked my 2010 Ram 4x4 in the drive this May. I decided to not pay the $4.00/gal. diesel. I parked it in the driveway and still have 3/4s of a tank still left. If I'm driving around town, I'm driving my wife's Aspen.
Good Luck on your travels.

Muddy Waters69
0 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Sat Nov 26, 2022 3:57 pm

MuddyWaters62 wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 3:18 pm
Gene,
I live on the TX-OK state line just north of Dallas and Diesel is running about $4.60 here. I parked my 2010 Ram 4x4 in the drive this May. I decided to not pay the $4.00/gal. diesel. I parked it in the driveway and still have 3/4s of a tank still left. If I'm driving around town, I'm driving my wife's Aspen.
Good Luck on your travels.

Muddy Waters69
I’m hoping it stays below $5 and hoping more that it’s available.
0 x