Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Garmin DriveSmart 55

Tell us where you are traveling to, what you might see. Tell us where you went, what you saw.
Make arrangements to meet up with members in your travels. Be sure to post lots of pictures too!
JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Re: Garmin DriveSmart 55

Post by JEBar » Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:03 am

we've now used the new GPS in three different vehicles .... I'm getting used to its much smaller size and have learned how to adjust the display to where its pretty easy to read road names and other info .... the more we use it, the better we feel about it
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:10 pm

just got off the phone with Garmin Customer Service .... based on past experience I called them to help me remove as much useless (to me) data possible that comes loaded on the GPS's hard drive .... things like many, many different languages, voices, vehicle icons, keyboard options and such ..... doing so clears space for new mapping data and storage of other info (like saved places) that we do want to save .... the fellow I spoke with was very pleasant and patient .... he was a pleasure to work with
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Mon Jul 17, 2023 8:05 pm

the battery in our Garmin DriveSmart 55 failed during our recent drive from NC to SD .... worked just fine so long as it was plugged into 12V so that's the way we used it for the rest of the drive to SD .... once things settled down to where I knew we wouldn't need it for a few days I called Garmin .... they listened and sent me a return shipping label .... today we received the replacement about 2 weeks later ..... using Garmin software on my computer, installing all of our saved locations along with navigation preferences and special notes literally took seconds ..... as one who has had to save all that info by hand in the past, that really is a nice advancement .... haven't tried it yet but have no reason to believe that it won't do a good job
0 x

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by daytime dave » Tue Jul 18, 2023 11:44 am

That's pretty good customer service.
0 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member