Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Traffic!!

Tell us where you are traveling to, what you might see. Tell us where you went, what you saw.
Make arrangements to meet up with members in your travels. Be sure to post lots of pictures too!
markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Traffic!!

Post by markiver54 » Tue Aug 30, 2022 4:45 pm

I know Labor Day weekend is upon us and everyone will probably experience an increase in activity.
Around here though it is the weekend of the North Carolina Apple Festival that goes on Friday through Monday and usually draws well over 250,000 people over the course of the weekend. Probably even more this year, as they cancelled it the last two years due to the Plague.
The traffic has already increased unbelievably, worse than I have ever seen here. It was a chore today just to go 1/2 mile to the grocery store. This is a Tourist town, but most of us locals just stay home during this event. :roll:
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

Headhog
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: Traffic!!

Post by Headhog » Tue Aug 30, 2022 5:00 pm

Wise plan to stay off the roads when the tourists come to town. :shock:

Paul
2 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Tue Aug 30, 2022 7:33 pm

markiver54 wrote:
Tue Aug 30, 2022 4:45 pm
the weekend of the North Carolina Apple Festival that goes on Friday through Monday and usually draws well over 250,000 people over the course of the weekend.

The traffic has already increased unbelievably, worse than I have ever seen here. It was a chore today just to go 1/2 mile to the grocery store. This is a Tourist town, but most of us locals just stay home during this event. :roll:
understood .... I'll bet the I-40 / I-26 interchange will be backed up for miles in all directions
1 x

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Wed Aug 31, 2022 7:44 am

Traffic, the reason we chose to live in a ghost town. :twisted:
Traffic is bad enough, until you add the entitled drivers to the mix.
4 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Wed Aug 31, 2022 7:56 am

I’m amazed at how little traffic is on the roads here. If I drive the 5 miles to Ogema or 13 miles to Rib Lake I might not pass another car. Even making the 30 mile drive to Medford I might only pass a half dozen during rush hour. I can see the gravel county road from my house and in a day might only see two or three cars.
3 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Wed Aug 31, 2022 7:58 am

Sir Henry wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 7:56 am
I’m amazed at how little traffic is on the roads here. If I drive the 5 miles to Ogema or 13 miles to Rib Lake I might not pass another car. Even making the 30 mile drive to Medford I might only pass a half dozen during rush hour. I can see the gravel county road from my house and in a day might only see two or three cars.
That would suit me just fine.
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

bikeridertim
Wrangler
United States of America

Post by bikeridertim » Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:16 am

Note to self, DO NOT ride the motorcycle to the mountains this weekend!! Hendersonville anyway!! :P
1 x

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:23 am

bikeridertim wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:16 am
Note to self, DO NOT ride the motorcycle to the mountains this weekend!! Hendersonville anyway!! :P
:lol: Good point Tim! mine will definitely be staying in the garage. too bad though, it's supposed to be a great ( dry ) weekend here.
2 x
I'm your Huckleberry

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:24 am

The traffic in our area is more utvs and farm equipment during the day than normal vehicles, and we see more trucks than cars when we do see vehicles. We are off the beaten path.

When we make the three hour drive to our daughter's in Southern Oklahoma, at least half is on rural country roads. We might see a few vehicles here and there, but mostly traffic free. We only hit traffic on the short stretches of highways. Mostly we see cows, horses, bison, and goats.

What? As a matter of fact, it is Oklahoma, so yes, every now and then they ARE in the road. :D
2 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.