Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Thousand Trails Campground Membership

Tell us where you are traveling to, what you might see. Tell us where you went, what you saw.
Make arrangements to meet up with members in your travels. Be sure to post lots of pictures too!
JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Thousand Trails Campground Membership

Post by JEBar » Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:40 pm

well, the old saying "All good things must come to an end" has once again proven to be true for us .... over the years we've thoroughly enjoyed and saved a bunch of money using our Thousand Trails membership .... we are convinced that if they have a park or parks in an area we want to go and we have time to spend there, no other campground membership can come close .... our reality is, for age, health and economic circumstances, we will no longer be able to spend enough time in their parks to justify keeping our membership .... our plan is to put ours up for sale through Campground Membership Outlet which is where we purchased it about 20 years ago .... we sure hate to see this era end but its time to move on

https://thousandtrails.com/
1 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Re: Thousand Trails Campground Membership

Post by Sir Henry » Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:23 am

Sorry to hear that. I always enjoyed reading about your travels and adventures.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:28 am

kind words appreciated .... traveling has been a major part of our lives for many years, so for us this will be a major change .... we hope to be able to continue our summer trip to South Dakota for as many years as possible
0 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:35 am

I bought the Class A diesel pusher to live in while searching for a home. Before that I toured the country in my teardrop. I’m thinking maybe a Class C might be the best bet for me now. My cat can’t travel in the teardrop yet she liked the Class A. It was just to big for my style of travel.

Have you considered downsizing? Your 5th wheel was quite large.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:11 pm

Sir Henry wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:35 am
Have you considered downsizing? Your 5th wheel was quite large.
we certainly have and doing so is an extremely attractive option .... the biggest issue is cost balanced with just how much we realistically can anticipate getting out of it

I literally just got off the phone with Campground Membership Outlet, its SOLD .... they will fax paperwork to one of Maureen's sisters-in-law in the morning .... we will sign it and fax it back .... they will handle the transfer with Thousand Trails and we will get a check shortly after we get home .... no surprise ours sold quickly, now days to purchase a new membership with the features of ours is extremely expensive
1 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:22 pm

as noted in a post above, on August 16th we formally agreed to sell our Thousand Trails through Campground Membership Outlet and we were told to anticipate it taking a couple of weeks to get our check .... well the check arrived today .... in short, a couple of weeks turned into just short of 3 months .... over that time, we've found it difficult to contact the person handling our sale ....you can forget getting to them directly by phone, you have to leave a message .... with both phone calls and emails, responses can take days .... we've received a wide range of explanations or excuses (at times it was somewhat difficult to tell the difference) .... bottom line, if I ever have the need to buy another membership, I might consider them .... if I ever have the need to sell another membership, I'm pretty certain I will find another way
0 x