Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Yellowstone last week

Tell us where you are traveling to, what you might see. Tell us where you went, what you saw.
Make arrangements to meet up with members in your travels. Be sure to post lots of pictures too!
Rifletom
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Yellowstone last week

Post by Rifletom » Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:05 pm

Got into Idaho Falls Reg Airport 6/1 and back to Dave's property about 6 pm. Thursday we headed to Yellowstone thru the West entrance and made our way towards Cody, Wy. Fri, had breakfast and headed backs towards Rigby, Id. and another beautiful drive thru the park. Even saw a couole of grizzly's and a ton of Bison. Would not want to have been in Yellowstone this past weekend, as they got HAMMERED by rains and flooding, closing all entrances, roads and bridges taken out just a few days after we got thru there. Had a great time in Idaho and Wyoming as usual, just glad we missed the deluge.
Might be heading back up in the Fall. Now, it's time to plan a little trout fishing in the Eastern Sierra's before it gets too hot. Fun times.
2 x

Ernie
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: Yellowstone last week

Post by Ernie » Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:26 pm

Good timing on the trip. I have not made it to Yellowstone but maybe someday.
1 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:36 pm

Ive been through it in a semi but not ever being by Old Faithful. Ive seen the Tetons and been to Jackson Hole a few times. Its nice country but when its summertime there its also alot of people time.
1 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

Rifletom
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by Rifletom » Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:36 pm

BigAl52 wrote:
Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:36 pm
Ive been through it in a semi but not ever being by Old Faithful. Ive seen the Tetons and been to Jackson Hole a few times. Its nice country but when its summertime there its also alot of people time.
Yeah, there's that. Thursday when we went thru, almost nobody. Friday, coming back thru, damn, where did they all come from!? Anyway, got thru West Yellowstone entrance/exit and headed south on Hwy 20 towards Ashton then Rigby. Great drive and wonderful country.
1 x

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:16 am

That's the sad part of trying to enjoy anything these days. The "me" crowd. I had this discussion recently with a friend, and won't rehash it here, but I'm sure you have all run into entire families that thought the sun rose and set for them. No matter where they were, or how many are around them.
1 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Hatchdog » Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:11 am

Glad you made your trip when you did, the video on the news is terrible.

Here in the north we’re suffering floods and lots of rain and just south of us is burning up. Nuts.
0 x