Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Life in an RV

Tell us where you are traveling to, what you might see. Tell us where you went, what you saw.
Make arrangements to meet up with members in your travels. Be sure to post lots of pictures too!
Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Re: Life in an RV

Post by Sir Henry » Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:22 pm

Priority Tire called and said their security suspected my order was a fraud and they are refusing to ship unless I provide a picture ID with the ship to address. I emailed them a picture of my drivers license.

I find it interesting the West Coast does not have RV tires however the East does.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:53 pm

Lots of that online fraud going on. Another site I am a member of there is people scamming the for sale threads quite often. One has to be cautious who he is doing business with.
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:53 pm

They declined me again. From what the person on the phone said the security company they hired was declining half their orders. Then I get a call back and asked to give him the info again and it wouldn’t be declined. Apparently the CEO called the security company and told them their job was to prevent fraud and not to chase away honest business.
1 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:08 pm

Today I pulled my teardrop over to Ephrata with the Outback and will store them outside for at least the next month and maybe up to six months. The new owner of my home followed me and drove me back.

I’m now at Speedway RV in Monroe, WA. Across the street and up on a hill is one of the state prisons. Tomorrow I’ll have the satellite dome removed and will have the holes plugged. The previous owner said it’s outdated and I’ll never use it. I’m thinking of removing both TV’s also.
0 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:10 pm

Did you figure out where your leak might be
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:13 pm

BigAl52 wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:10 pm
Did you figure out where your leak might be
Satellite dome.
0 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:00 pm

The dome is off and they found where it was leaking. I asked the technician if he wanted it and he said he doesn’t watch TV. We had an interesting chat while he worked. He said he would rather read or create something with his hands.

The generator will get a tuneup and I will have the mhome oil changed by a sister company next door.

Next up is to find a dump station. A lot of the rest areas here have them. I’m told it’s really easy to figure out although not the most pleasant task.
1 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:46 pm

Its not that bad dumping the black tank. Do you have a black tank flush on the coach?
0 x

H001T .22LR
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:02 pm

BigAl52 wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:46 pm
Its not that bad dumping the black tank. Do you have a black tank flush on the coach?
I believe it does. I’ll find out soon.
0 x

John E Davies
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by John E Davies » Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:25 pm

Black stuff first, rinse the black tank, if you have that system, followed by the grey. Close the valves. Count to 30. Then disconnect the RV end of the hose, hold it high, and rinse it out well with the non-potable water hose near the dump hole. Dumping the black first gets the solids out of the way, you do not want to have them hung up in your hose.The clean POTABLE water spigot is always located away from the dump area, at least it is supposed to be....!

Wear disposable gloves and keep your lips closed tightly, splashes could be unpleasant. Wash your hands well before filling your fresh tank or even touching your fresh water hose....

I lived in Monroe for twelve years, a mile north of the race track (and left in 2004), my how that area has grown. Good luck.

John Davies
Spokane WA
0 x