Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

2022 Trip To Texas

Tell us where you are traveling to, what you might see. Tell us where you went, what you saw.
Make arrangements to meet up with members in your travels. Be sure to post lots of pictures too!
JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Re: 2022 Trip To Texas

Post by JEBar » Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:13 am

unfortunately, no .... with batteries shutoff we know the batteries aren't the problem .... I watched them run test of for an electrical draw with the ignition key cut off .... forgotten the actual draw the truck's clock and such but it is tiny in other words normal .... their theory is some switch must be faulty and at times fails to shutoff as it should .... the only way they can find it is to have it fail when the truck is in their shop .... its literally spent something over two weeks in their shop and so far that hasn't happened ....
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:15 am

another item checked off of our pretrip to-do list .... ran our camper's propane furnace last night as a test and it worked well .... sometime after Thanksgiving we plan to fill the camper's propane tanks so they will be full when we head for Texas
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Fri Dec 10, 2021 11:07 am

our Tarheel Roadrunners camping club will once again camp at Raleigh Oaks this weekend .... this is our last scheduled outing for 2021 .... for the last few years this outing has served as our last systems test prior to pulling out for Texas shortly after New Years .... there is a good chance of rain moving through around dark today .... thankfully, Saturday promises to be beautiful with a high of 72 and only a 25% chance of rain .... anyone passing by on I-95 is more than welcome to stop by
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:58 pm

well, I've said many times that our plans are absolute and final, subject to change at any second .... today, our plan to leave this coming Sunday and head to Texas for a couple of months proved just how frail our plans can be .... this morning while standing in line to pick up meds at our local Walmart pharmacy, Maureen blacked out and hit the floor .... she doesn't remember falling, hitting her head, being treated in the store with further treatment in an ambulance .... she doesn't remember the ride to a hospital, her first hazy memory is waking up in a hospital emergency room.... our oldest son who is a medical doctor joined us there shortly after our arrival .... thankfully over the next few hours of testing, the list of scary possible causes were eliminated ... beginning tomorrow elimination of other far less critical causes will begin .... factor in that this is the second time she's blanked out, until we learn more, I've decided to cancel this year's trip to Texas .... we will look at another trip a year form now but at our ages, we may have made our last trip to Texas
0 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:11 pm

JEBar wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:58 pm
well, I've said many times that our plans are absolute and final, subject to change at any second .... today, our plan to leave this coming Sunday and head to Texas for a couple of months proved just how frail our plans can be .... this morning while standing in line to pick up meds at our local Walmart pharmacy, Maureen blacked out and hit the floor .... she doesn't remember falling, hitting her head, being treated in the store with further treatment in an ambulance .... she doesn't remember the ride to a hospital, her first hazy memory is waking up in a hospital emergency room.... our oldest son who is a medical doctor joined us there shortly after our arrival .... thankfully over the next few hours of testing, the list of scary possible causes were eliminated ... beginning tomorrow elimination of other far less critical causes will begin .... factor in that this is the second time she's blanked out, until we learn more, I've decided to cancel this year's trip to Texas .... we will look at another trip a year form now but at our ages, we may have made our last trip to Texas
Real sorry to hear this Jim. Please give Maureen our best from Dolly and myself. I hope that things work out to where you can do it again if you are able to. Please keep us posted as to what you find.
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

brm4450
Drover
United States of America

Post by brm4450 » Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:13 pm

Our prayers are with you, hope Maureen is ok. I know what you’re going through with my wife blacking out and all the testing that goes with it. Praying things turnout well!
0 x
H012C, 2 H004V, H001TMER, H004SV, H001TV, H001TLB, H003T, H005MG, H001V, H001TLP, Rossi Ranch Hand, Uberti 1860, Ubérti 1866 Goldenboy
"when you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk" Tuco

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Wed Jan 05, 2022 12:56 pm

today's task is cancelling our campground reservations and notifying relatives of Maureen who we visit when we are there ....
0 x

Headhog
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Headhog » Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:34 pm

Jim, prayers for your wife. Hopefully this is a minor problem.

My sister is dealing with a fainting issue. I got her to my cardiologist and he did a lot of testing. Including a heart monitor (14 days), echo cardiogram and several blood tests. He diagnosed low blood pressure coupled with any type of minor infection. Put her on some medication to raise her BP and she has been good for 3 months now.

Paul
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Wed Jan 05, 2022 5:20 pm

good to hear your sister is doing well .... info appreciated .... we are in the process of getting her to see the Cardiologist that we both use and will keep what you've said in mind
0 x

MuddyWaters62
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by MuddyWaters62 » Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:18 pm

Praying for the best possible outcomes for your dear wife. I am sorry to hear that your visit to our great state is being cancelled. Take care and best wishes to you also.

Muddy Waters68
0 x