Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Arizona and New Mexico trip suggestions wanted

Tell us where you are traveling to, what you might see. Tell us where you went, what you saw.
Make arrangements to meet up with members in your travels. Be sure to post lots of pictures too!
Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Arizona and New Mexico trip suggestions wanted

Post by Hatchdog » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:18 pm

We’re planning a trip for this May and are looking at eastern Arizona and western New Mexico as a destination. We want to see ghost towns, Indian ruins, cave dwellings etc. Not interested in city life such as restaurants and clubs but museums and the like are great. I have sent away to both states tourism bureaus for trip guides but if anybody has suggestions or ideas I would love to hear your ideas. Thanks!
0 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Re: Arizona and New Mexico trip suggestions wanted

Post by BigAl52 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:35 pm

Northeast corner of Arizona Hatch Antelope Canyon. Check it out on the net I havent been there but want to go for sure. Looks like a cool spot. Glad you posted this I was looking for the post you mentioned this in.
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Hatchdog » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:40 pm

BigAl52 wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:35 pm
Northeast corner of Arizona Hatch Antelope Canyon. Check it out on the net I havent been there but want to go for sure. Looks like a cool spot. Glad you posted this I was looking for the post you mentioned this in.
Glad you mentioned it Al as I forgot to mention we did the Grand Canyon two years ago. On that trip we didn’t do the Antelope Canyon hike but did do the boat tour into the canyon. Very impressive. I don’t remember why we decided not to do the hike as the pictures I saw were pretty incredible. I think it might have been a traveling day and didn’t have enough time for the hike but I really don’t remember. :( We saw the south rim of the Grand Canyon and the eastern end where that tower is. Wonderful trip. Also did most of the parks and sights in Utah, Canyonlands, Arches, Bryce, etc. Fun, fun, fun.
0 x

brm4450
Drover
United States of America

Post by brm4450 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:52 pm

We enjoyed the Silver City and surrounding area, the Gila Cliff dwellings also Fort Bayard, Shakespeare ghost town Lordsburg.
1 x
H012C, 2 H004V, H001TMER, H004SV, H001TV, H001TLB, H003T, H005MG, H001V, H001TLP, Rossi Ranch Hand, Uberti 1860, Ubérti 1866 Goldenboy
"when you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk" Tuco

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:23 pm

Ive always liked the Tucson area. My Grandparents are buried there. But there is things to see and do in the area that are nice. I like those big ole saguaro cactus. Makes me feel like Im a big ole cowboy riding badger in the 1800’s when I see them. Tombstone is kinda cool to go see.
1 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55