Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

2021 Trip To South Dakota

Tell us where you are traveling to, what you might see. Tell us where you went, what you saw.
Make arrangements to meet up with members in your travels. Be sure to post lots of pictures too!
JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Re: 2021 Trip To South Dakota

Post by JEBar » Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:30 am

up and at'um .... hope to be on the road around 9AM for a relatively short day's drive ....weather looks good but that's most certainly open to change .... 70 here in Knoxville, TN .... Real Feel temp forecasted to be 107 when we should be setting up in Paducah, KY later today .. :shock: ..
0 x

Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Hatchdog » Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:09 am

JEBar wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:42 am
On The Road Again :D
Willie Nelson or Canned Heat?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5A5Xl9hPowA
1 x

Shakey Jake
Drover
United States of America

Post by Shakey Jake » Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:22 am

Must be hot everywhere! Stay hydrated!
Jake
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:21 am

no WIFI yesterday .... no clue why .... working this morning .... no clue why .... 73 where we are in Paducah, 92 (feeling like 97) later today at our destination of Columbia, MO ... per Google Maps, 300 miles drive, 1 fuel stop .... yesterday with air temps in the upper 90's we had a time with camper tire pressures .... they were aired up in Texas in March, thought I'd let them down enough to handle this trip's temps but sure missed that on .... plan to reair all 4 after pulling in the slides this morning .... no issue whatsoever with the truck's tires
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:38 pm

no internet yesterday at Duck Creek .... first time our Verizon MIFI has not been able lock onto a signal and provide service .... no clue why .... thankfully, its working as usual today .... also, thankfully, we had a most boring drive .. 8-) .. we covered 315.2 miles in 5 hrs 29 minutes with 1 fuel stop and 1 rest stop .... to get it right I need to further adjust one tire's pressure .... thankfully no tire pressure alarms during today's drive .... roughly the same distance to cover tomorrow to Nebraska City
1 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:47 pm

It seems you are having more tire pressure alarms and issues. Any reason for the increase that you know of?
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:53 pm

BigAl52 wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:47 pm
Any reason for the increase that you know of?
the reason pretty much settles on input error .... the tire pressures were aired up while we were in Texas, during the period we were dealing with "life threatening cold" .... since then, I've settled for guesstimating adjustments required temps in the upper 90's to triple digits .... this morning for the first time I got out a digital tire pressure gauge and took the time to adjust the pressures .... it was only a bit after getting back on the road that I realized I messed up properly reading the pressure for one of the camper's tires .... I plan to correct that first thing in the morning
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:11 am

where we are parked at Cottonwoods RV Park our camper's satellite TV signal blocked so we have been watching recorded videos .... if we were going to be here more than a single night, I'd put out our portable dish .... as noted, after breakfast we need to add some air to one camper tire .... right now we are about 570 miles from our destination .... 270 today, 300 tomorrow
1 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:22 pm

as noted above, I tried to add air to the camper tire that had been setting off low pressure warnings .... checked it with our digital tire pressure gauge and it showed 91.7 psi .... checked the monitor of our TireMinder pressure monitoring system and it showed 70 psi .. :?: .. that stumped me for a few moments so I decided to check the pressure in the other 3 camper tires ... two read in the low 90's and one read 70 .... suddenly things started to make sense .... somehow the sensors had been messed with ... my best guess is the fellow who installed a replacement tire while we were in Texas switched them .... that makes no sense but its my only working theory at the moment .... no wonder I couldn't make it work .... the tire I kept adjusting wasn't the one with the low pressure .... didn't want to take time to reprogram until we reached today's destination in Victorian Acres in Nebraska City, NE .... 5 hrs later / 296.6 miles later we did just that .... with the temp in the low 90's (RealFeel 100) we setup enough to get the AC's going .... I learned when I first tried to program our TireMinder system that a call to their help folks works much better than reading the instruction manual .... with their help, all 4 camper sensors have been properly programmed .... hopefully, the saga of the mystery low pressure reading has now come to an end .... tomorrows 300 mile drive should take us to our summer destination of Estelline, SD
1 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:21 am

beautiful 70 degree morning in Nebraska City .... they are calling for it to get up to 88 later today at our destination of Estelline, SD ..... if all goes as we hope, today's drive will be our last for 10 weeks or so .... no real need to get on the road in a hurry this morning but also, no reason to hang around here any longer than is necessary .... our 12 year old grandson has traveled well on his first extended time away from his parents who are scheduled to fly in on Thursday .... he pitches right in when we setup and break camp ..... hopefully, our camper's tire pressure issues have been resolved
1 x