Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Omega Farms, Willis, TX

Tell us where you are traveling to, what you might see. Tell us where you went, what you saw.
Make arrangements to meet up with members in your travels. Be sure to post lots of pictures too!
JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Omega Farms, Willis, TX

Post by JEBar » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:06 pm

wondering if anyone has visited Omega Farms RV Park in Willis, TX ====> https://www.omegafarmsrv.com/ .... we have 2 stays there totaling about a week and a half during our 2021 trip to Texas .... any info would be appreciated
0 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Re: Omega Farms, Willis, TX

Post by Sir Henry » Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:44 pm

Not I says me.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:02 pm

our Thousand Trails membership allows us to stay 3 weeks at a park after which we can move directly to another one of their parks ... for our 2021 trip we've decided to find a non-Thousand Trails park to spend our week between reservations at Lake Conroe .... Omega Farms is located a mile or so away so its our first choice
0 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:39 pm

I guess I’m cheap and stay at truck stops, rest areas or large parking lots. Of course I only stay one night and move on. My style is traveling and not camping.

In a 30 day trip I may only stay in one spot for more than a day two or three times. As I get older I’m thinking I may be changing my style so I’m following your posts more closely.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:04 pm

Its nice to have what you have Gene to do that. But setting a 5er up and down to stay one or 2 nights is not what I call fun. Been there done that. Its easier now with auto level than it use to be but still not fun. Id rather pick one or two places and stay a while. Just my .02 worth
1 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:53 pm

after considerable research, we are no longer interested in Omega Farms .... its low rating on Campground Reviews ===> https://www.campgroundreviews.com/regio ... -park-6908 coupled with comments on an RV'ing forum I run and having driven by it convinced we need to look elsewhere ... thanks to those who responded
1 x