Congratulations to our 2022 Giveaway winners. HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Unique RV Digest-It 413

Tell us where you are traveling to, what you might see. Tell us where you went, what you saw.
Make arrangements to meet up with members in your travels. Be sure to post lots of pictures too!
Post Reply
User avatar
JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
Posts: 17938
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:58 pm
Location: central NC
United States of America

Unique RV Digest-It 413

Post by JEBar » Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:01 pm

back in late August we ordered a bottle of Unique RV Digest-It 413 ===> https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003X3PQN2?ps ... ct_details .... we decided to give it a try because no chemical additives have been used in our camper for many years and one of the tank sensor lights tends to stay on even when the tank is empty .... based on direct observations through a clear sewer hose fitting, I do believe that it is breaking down deposits that have been there a for who knows how long .... after our club camping trip in mid December I intend to clean the black tank and refill it with water to the where the 2/3 rd light will come on when you check the tank level .... we plan to pour in a heavy dose of the Digest-it and let it sit until we clean the black tank following our club's March outing .... doing so should give us a pretty good indication as to how effective the treatment proves to be
1 x

User avatar
BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
Posts: 12376
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:43 pm
Location: Evans,Colorado
United States of America

Re: Unique RV Digest-It 413

Post by BigAl52 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:35 pm

I have used this for a couple years. I like it better than Happy Camper. Recently watched a video about not using anything at all
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fs7YE9hmD7k&t=8s

Not sure how I feel about this guys way of doing it but to each there own. I liked some of his ideas like the back flush. I bought one for my unit and will use it to back flush the gray tanks. I have also used the Calgon and the Pinesol trick.
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......


H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

User avatar
Hatchdog
Drover
Posts: 3770
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:04 pm
Location: Deer Park, WA
United States of America

Re: Unique RV Digest-It 413

Post by Hatchdog » Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:30 am

BigAl52 wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:35 pm
I have used this for a couple years. I like it better than Happy Camper. Recently watched a video about not using anything at all
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fs7YE9hmD7k&t=8s

Not sure how I feel about this guys way of doing it but to each there own. I liked some of his ideas like the back flush. I bought one for my unit and will use it to back flush the gray tanks. I have also used the Calgon and the Pinesol trick.
I’m going to give that a try Al, my black tank indicator likes to tell lies.
0 x

User avatar
BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
Posts: 12376
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:43 pm
Location: Evans,Colorado
United States of America

Re: Unique RV Digest-It 413

Post by BigAl52 » Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:59 am

Hatchdog wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:30 am
BigAl52 wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:35 pm
I have used this for a couple years. I like it better than Happy Camper. Recently watched a video about not using anything at all
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fs7YE9hmD7k&t=8s

Not sure how I feel about this guys way of doing it but to each there own. I liked some of his ideas like the back flush. I bought one for my unit and will use it to back flush the gray tanks. I have also used the Calgon and the Pinesol trick.
I’m going to give that a try Al, my black tank indicator likes to tell lies.
Put 10 gal of water in the grey tank and a cup of that pinesol mix. Head out to your camping spot. When you get there and get hooked up dump the grey tank. If you dont have one of those back flush valves it may take a while. The Valterra is 32.00 on amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XSNPMBS?re ... tails&th=1
Also got one of these keeps the guessing out of how much water you are putting back in the tank. It works great.
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......


H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

User avatar
Hatchdog
Drover
Posts: 3770
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:04 pm
Location: Deer Park, WA
United States of America

Re: Unique RV Digest-It 413

Post by Hatchdog » Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:24 am

BigAl52 wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:59 am
Hatchdog wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:30 am
BigAl52 wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:35 pm
I have used this for a couple years. I like it better than Happy Camper. Recently watched a video about not using anything at all
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fs7YE9hmD7k&t=8s

Not sure how I feel about this guys way of doing it but to each there own. I liked some of his ideas like the back flush. I bought one for my unit and will use it to back flush the gray tanks. I have also used the Calgon and the Pinesol trick.
I’m going to give that a try Al, my black tank indicator likes to tell lies.
Put 10 gal of water in the grey tank and a cup of that pinesol mix. Head out to your camping spot. When you get there and get hooked up dump the grey tank. If you dont have one of those back flush valves it may take a while. The Valterra is 32.00 on amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XSNPMBS?re ... tails&th=1
Also got one of these keeps the guessing out of how much water you are putting back in the tank. It works great.
I use one of those meters now and it’s great. We might be making a trip south in March and I’ll give your suggestions a try. Thanks for the tips.
0 x

Post Reply