Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

MidwayUSA

Post good deals you have found here to share with the membership. Links are appreciated, or just tell us where to find it.
JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

MidwayUSA

Post by JEBar » Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:26 pm

I just received the following email from Midway .... it appears they are doing well

"Dear Valued Customer,

Thanks to you, we’ve experienced tremendous growth in our business volume and number of products we offer. A couple of years ago, we projected we’d soon be out of space, so we started the largest project in company history. We’re now in the final stages of moving our Distribution Center about 5-miles down the road to a new facility, just west of Columbia, MO.

Our new Distribution Center is 400,000 square feet, with plenty of room for expansion. The unique new NITRO Express® Shipping System we’re installing consists of brand-new state-of-the-art equipment. This new system will be faster, more accurate and more efficient than our previous system.

The conveyor and product storage/retrieval speed will allow us to receive and ship products faster, meaning we’ll get products in stock quicker and your orders will arrive sooner. Increased accuracy comes from precisely picking every order and verifying the correct weight with a high-tech scale to ensure no mistakes were made. Increased efficiency comes from custom building precisely sized cartons for each order, reducing the average box size by over 30%, meaning there is less room for products to shift in transit and become damaged. The remaining area (void) in the cartons is filled with one of three different types of materials, depending on the characteristics of each order, resulting in intact deliveries. We’re building the best package possible – extremely accurate, efficient, and durable!

We’ll be completely done with our inventory and operational transition in about 2-weeks. During that time, your order may take a few days longer than normal and we’re sorry for any inconvenience this causes.

I hope you enjoy the results of our new NITRO Express® Shipping System. Thanks so much for being a valued MidwayUSA Customer!

Matt Fleming,
President & CEO "
2 x

Cofisher
Drover
United States of America

Re: MidwayUSA

Post by Cofisher » Wed Mar 09, 2022 7:18 pm

Impressive effort. And good personal service.
0 x
Remember, it's not how many guns you have. It's how many bullets you have.

John E Davies
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by John E Davies » Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:28 pm

That is excellent. Their packaging was always pretty marginal, for example broken ammo or bullet boxes, destroyed airgun pellet tins, etc. I hope their prices drop a little, the total cost with shipping is always too high IMHO. I rarely buy unless the item is on sale.

John Davies
Spokane WA
0 x

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:44 pm

Good info! Thanks.
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

Vaquero
Ranch Boss
United States of America

Post by Vaquero » Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:52 pm

I received the same e-mail JEB.

John I agree a bit with you on some of their prices, but like you I buy the sales, and the blem bullets are good also.
Also look at the free shipping, sometimes just spending $50 you get it. ;)
Mine has always arrived intact and undamaged,
which is not the case with other shipped items.

RP
0 x
Monte Walsh "You have No idea how little I care". :lol:

Ain't No Apologies for My Temperament :shock:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
H001, H006, H012

GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by GFK » Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:44 am

I agree. Pricing can be a bit high. But, availability seems to be good. I purchased some ammo from it a week or so ago (38 +P and 357). Delivery was projected at about 8 days. Received the ammo in about 3 days. I try and catch the free shipping. Yet, it was not offered with that order. Nonetheless, it is still a source that I go to. With the expansion, I do not foresee shipping cost being free for small orders ($49-$100). I guess that it may prompt me to buy more?
0 x
Actions speak louder than words (Matthew 7:16-20).