Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Hearing aids

Post good deals you have found here to share with the membership. Links are appreciated, or just tell us where to find it.
BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Re: Hearing aids

Post by BigAl52 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:17 pm

Well I have the same issue as Jake does in both ears. When I got back from Texas I checked into aids at the University of Northern Colorado audiology clinic. I went to s study there which I was given a gift card for and was told they would call me for aids. They never did. I then waited to long to go to Costco so I still have no aids. Costco now is a 3 month wait here to get in. Oh well.
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

Cofisher
Drover
United States of America

Post by Cofisher » Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:52 pm

Al, Medicare supplement paid 50% of mine. If that helps. Good luck.
0 x
Remember, it's not how many guns you have. It's how many bullets you have.

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:21 am

Which supplement Jim and dont you need to go to there network clinic
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

Ernie
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Ernie » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:05 pm

BigAl52 wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:17 pm
Well I have the same issue as Jake does in both ears. When I got back from Texas I checked into aids at the University of Northern Colorado audiology clinic. I went to s study there which I was given a gift card for and was told they would call me for aids. They never did. I then waited to long to go to Costco so I still have no aids. Costco now is a 3 month wait here to get in. Oh well.
It will probably still be a 3 month wait come spring so if you make your appt now you can have your answers come February. I know it is not a priority for you at this point, but if you can get a pair that work for you they aren't a pain to wear and being able to understand speech when you want is pleasurable. I hear so many things that I forgot make noise like birds, rain on the roof, crickets and tree frogs in the summer and what a noisy world we live in :o. I don't hardly notice wearing mine so I have to make a point of checking for them before getting in the shower and remembering to remove them at night. I am glad I got them and pleased the technology is so much improved from my first pair in the 80s. Those I hated.
0 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:24 pm

Thanks Ernie for the info. Im headed to Texas a week from today until April 1st when I return. At some point I will give a call and make an appointment to get in. I may call here locally tomorrow and see what they might offer in the mean time. Ive had one hearing aid already for a few years but its now dead. I know my wife cant wait for me to get some because shes giving me that look alot.
0 x

H001T .22LR
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

Headhog
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Headhog » Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:03 pm

Ok I've been procrastinating on this for almost a year. I said I was going at the beginning of 2021 and never did. Today my wife and I were shopping at Costco and I stopped at their audiology department. They were busy and a typical appointment was about a month out. The nice young lady informed me that if I could do a Sunday appointment, they have a spot open this coming Sunday at 2:30 pm. I'm on the books and I will report back when everything is complete. :shock:

Paul
1 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:52 pm

looking forward to following your venture .... I know I need hearing aids but experience sticker shock every time get close to scheduling an appointment
0 x

Ernie
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Ernie » Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:00 pm

Headhog wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:03 pm
Ok I've been procrastinating on this for almost a year. I said I was going at the beginning of 2021 and never did. Today my wife and I were shopping at Costco and I stopped at their audiology department. They were busy and a typical appointment was about a month out. The nice young lady informed me that if I could do a Sunday appointment, they have a spot open this coming Sunday at 2:30 pm. I'm on the books and I will report back when everything is complete. :shock:

Paul
If they determine that you need aids they will probably offer to program and let you try a pair in the store. I was amazed at what I was missing with the new technology.
Let us know how it turns out.
Ernie
0 x

Headhog
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Headhog » Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:40 pm

Ernie wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:00 pm
Headhog wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:03 pm

Paul
If they determine that you need aids they will probably offer to program and let you try a pair in the store. I was amazed at what I was missing with the new technology.
Let us know how it turns out.
Ernie
Thanks Ernie. I will report back after my trip there Sunday. I'm sure I need hearing aids. My hearing is most definitely sub standard.

Paul
0 x

Cofisher
Drover
United States of America

Post by Cofisher » Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:33 pm

I gave into the need this last summer. I have a set of Starkey aids. They have helped a lot. Normal hearing loss is greatly improved.

I have not noticed the Tinnitus being as bad.

My 37 cents worth. Medicare paid half the cost.
1 x
Remember, it's not how many guns you have. It's how many bullets you have.