Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Hearing aids

Post good deals you have found here to share with the membership. Links are appreciated, or just tell us where to find it.
Cofisher
Drover
United States of America

Re: Hearing aids

Post by Cofisher » Tue Apr 04, 2023 1:36 pm

Yeah, if you turn them down far enough, those annoying rattles go away. Lol.
0 x
Remember, it's not how many guns you have. It's how many bullets you have.

RetiredSeabee
Administrator
United States of America

Post by RetiredSeabee » Tue Apr 04, 2023 7:52 pm

Jim be sure to tell your audiologist about the adjustments you have to make. They can adjust the device based on your experience. So you don’t have to make as many adjustments.
0 x
Load on Sunday and Shoot all Week.......okay it's a Mare's Leg I will reload on Wednesday. ;)

Ernie
Drover
United States of America

Post by Ernie » Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:02 pm

Are you adjusting them to the level of hearing you were used to before the hearing aids? They may take a little getting used to but I would tell the audiologist what you are having to do. I am pretty sure your problem is not unique but get comfortable with them before your return option runs out if they don't work for you.
0 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Wed Apr 05, 2023 5:12 pm

just learned right good size plus .... the name of the franchise we purchased my hearing aids is Hearing Life and we were told that they have stores all over the country .... well I just checked and it was really good to learn they have store in Brookings, SD which is the closest good size town to where we spend our summer ....
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Wed Apr 05, 2023 6:40 pm

Ernie wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:02 pm
Are you adjusting them to the level of hearing you were used to before the hearing aids? They may take a little getting used to but I would tell the audiologist what you are having to do. I am pretty sure your problem is not unique but get comfortable with them before your return option runs out if they don't work for you.
there is absolutely no doubt that my hearing is much, make that very much, better with them .... I didn't realize that there are so many birds around here or how many squeaks an rattles there are in our 2005 Trailblazer .... speaking of squeaking, I'd realize the hinges of our back storm door needed some lube .. ;) .. I've gotten pretty jumpy at unexpected loud noises .... all that will settle in time .... hopefully by the time we go back this coming Monday I'll be much more used to them
1 x

Ernie
Drover
United States of America

Post by Ernie » Thu Apr 06, 2023 7:52 pm

The loss developed over a long period of time so gradual you don't realize the full extent until you can experience the difference. It will take some time to be comfortable with the change.
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Thu Apr 06, 2023 8:52 pm

Ernie wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2023 7:52 pm
It will take some time to be comfortable with the change.
even with only a few days personal experience, I most certainly agree
1 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Thu Apr 06, 2023 10:43 pm

One thing I havent figured out how to do is turn them down far enough to cut out the honey do orders
3 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Mon Apr 10, 2023 3:57 pm

just got home from "Hearing Life" (name of the national chain wher e I purchased my hearing aids) .... I've now had them for a week ..... the lady we work with adjusted the default volume setting for each hearing aid; as well as, some other programming .... she also replaced the fitting that goes into my left ear which wasn't doing a good job of sealing the hearing canal .... that allowed some rather unwelcome feedback and other sounds .... that has proven to be a major improvement .... she also made molds from which to make custom made seals ..... they should be here in a week to 10 days ....
2 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:39 am

reached a milestone this morning .... for the first time, I took my hearing aids out of the charger and put them on without having to make a single adjustment .... the good news is, they are working perfectly .... :D
2 x