Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Hearing aids

Post good deals you have found here to share with the membership. Links are appreciated, or just tell us where to find it.
BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Re: Hearing aids

Post by BigAl52 » Mon Jan 31, 2022 6:29 pm

Ive got a driving force also. Its yelling at me daily.
3 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

Cofisher
Drover
United States of America

Post by Cofisher » Mon Jan 31, 2022 7:12 pm

Are you sure she's yelling? I agree with the new users. A whole new world.
1 x
Remember, it's not how many guns you have. It's how many bullets you have.

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Tue Feb 01, 2022 8:47 pm

Oh yeah I see the facial expression that goes with some attitude of why havent you got them yet
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:19 am

My hearing is shot (put intended) .... most of the damage was done decades ago by firing untold numbers of big boomers without wearing hearing protection .... the severity of my hearing loss was first determined by testing long ago .... over time (most recently last week) damage has been proven by subsequent testing ..... the reason its gone untreated for one simple reason ====> that being the cost of hearing aids .... the Doctor's office where I was tested offers them from just over $2,000 to just over $6,000 a pair .... in my book the price of the level that would best meet my needs is still more than I'm willing to pay .... the difference now is our health insurance has just included hearing aids in our coverage .... at this point we don't know how much our coverage will lower the price and that's what we should find out on Wednesday .... having read through this thread, current comments relating personal experience and recommendations from members in this area would be appreciated
1 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:28 pm

JEBar wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:19 am
My hearing is shot (put intended) .... most of the damage was done decades ago by firing untold numbers of big boomers without wearing hearing protection .... the severity of my hearing loss was first determined by testing long ago .... over time (most recently last week) damage has been proven by subsequent testing ..... the reason its gone untreated for one simple reason ====> that being the cost of hearing aids .... the Doctor's office where I was tested offers them from just over $2,000 to just over $6,000 a pair .... in my book the price of the level that would best meet my needs is still more than I'm willing to pay .... the difference now is our health insurance has just included hearing aids in our coverage .... at this point we don't know how much our coverage will lower the price and that's what we should find out on Wednesday .... having read through this thread, current comments relating personal experience and recommendations from members in this area would be appreciated
Price is disgusting and criminal. Having worked in the electronics industry, I will tell you there is less than $2 worth of components in a pair. Even with the cost of certifications added on.

For a lower priced alternative take a look at devices like these two examples. They are inexpensive enough to give them a try and if they don't work out, not much loss.
https://www.amazon.com/Earbyear-Recharg ... 0B9N7NMNZ/
https://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Rechar ... 0BRPH23CR/
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:43 pm

I paid 1800 at Costco for mine. I have grown to like them but struggled getting a comfortable fit with the one in the left ear. It has finally gotten better but at times I wanted to throw it in the trash. Costco has a free replacement for 2 years if you lose break or throw it in the trash. Its a one time deal of each aid. They are bluetooth and controlled via a smart phone if you wish. My insurance covers some of the cost if you buy it from there own providers. The cost after coverage is more than what I paid and the drive is 40 miles one way to there clinic
0 x

H001T .22LR
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:02 pm

responses appreciated.... links checked
0 x

Ernie
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Ernie » Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:36 pm

I am on my third pair from Costco. They are the largest distributor in the US and have dialed all of mine in to my preferences. I am hooked and have not had any bad experiences. Each replacement has gotten easier for me to use and adjust when needed, the tech just gets better. They can make changes to mine over my cell phone but I have not needed to test that yet. The downside could be insurance but my provider gives me a cash payment every 2 years for aids and that works out for me.
Happy to hear you got some Al, I got the feeling you were not quite ready. Welcome to the noisy world.
0 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:42 pm

Ernie wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:36 pm
I am on my third pair from Costco. They are the largest distributor in the US and have dialed all of mine in to my preferences. I am hooked and have not had any bad experiences. Each replacement has gotten easier for me to use and adjust when needed, the tech just gets better. They can make changes to mine over my cell phone but I have not needed to test that yet. The downside could be insurance but my provider gives me a cash payment every 2 years for aids and that works out for me.
Which ones do you have Ernie? Mine are the Jabra. I can control them with my phone.
0 x

H001T .22LR
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

Ernie
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Ernie » Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:56 pm

I have Kirkland and can do a lot of fine controlling with the myPhonak app. That includes controlling background noise, speech focus and dynamic so I can create a savable program for working around machines or different environments besides the preprogrammed options.
0 x