Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Hearing aids

Post good deals you have found here to share with the membership. Links are appreciated, or just tell us where to find it.
Headhog
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: Hearing aids

Post by Headhog » Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:37 pm

Completed my visit to Costco for the hearing test. After testing and discussing my results, the technician programed a set of hearing aids for me to try. I spent 15 minutes walking the store and chatting with the nice ladies giving samples of products. All I can say is AMAZING!!! I hadn't realized how much I was missing.

I jumped several times because I heard someone behind me. I thought they were about to bump into me. When I turned and looked they were well over 10 feet away. I could hear conversations from shoppers as thy passed by - never did before.

I will be calling Costco to set up a final filing and training session first thing Monday morning. I should have them before Christmas. Cost will be $1399.

Paul
1 x

Ernie
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Ernie » Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:24 pm

That story sounds very familiar. The new technology is pretty wonderful. It isn't perfect but it made a large difference in my life. It can be a bit frustrating in loud environments but then it is anyway without the aids. Hope everything works out for you.
Have a Merry Christmas.
Ernie
1 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:02 pm

Wish I could of got some before my trip to Texas. But I messed around and waitied to long to call. 3 months out to even get a test
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

Headhog
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Headhog » Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:57 pm

BigAl52 wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:02 pm
Wish I could of got some before my trip to Texas. But I messed around and waitied to long to call. 3 months out to even get a test
At 3 months out you might just set a date and lock in an appointment. I'd still be procrastinating if I didn't lock in something.

Paul
0 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:44 am

Yes I plan on doing that after the first of the year Paul. Im in Texas right now until April 1st. At least I hope I am if my wife doesnt kill me before then. Huh isnt her favorite word and its a 3 letter word.
1 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

Headhog
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Headhog » Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:20 pm

UPDATE:

Just checked with my health insurance plan and as of Jan. 1, 2022 they will now cover my hear aid purchase. Before this they only covered the exam, but that was no charge since I'm a Costco member. So I was scheduled to get them on 12/16/21, but I contacted Costco and pushed that date out to 1/6/22. Not sure how much they will cover but whatever it is, it's better than nothing. :D

Paul
1 x

Headhog
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Headhog » Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:50 pm

The day of reckoning has arrived!!! I picked up my hearing aids today from Costco and have been wearing them since noon. All I can say is there is a world out there I have been missing for way too long. I cannot see ever going back to life with them. Best $1399.99 I've ever spent. (Well maybe buying another Henry might run a very close second.)

Here are some of my first observations:
- DIdn't know the turn signals in my truck made a clicking sound when flashing.
- Several people told me the blower on my gas fireplace in my man cave made too much noise ... hmmm guess they were right. :shock:
- Siri talks too loud in my truck (had to turn volume down).
- Can now hear my wife call me in man cave from upstairs. (Can no longer ignore faint sounds I once heard.) ;)
- I can now watch Youtube videos and TV and hear both, instead of a garbled mess. :o

There's plenty more but you get the idea - they work great!

Paul
4 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Thu Jan 06, 2022 6:39 pm

Congrats Paul. I havent called them yet but will soon so I can get some. Maybe by next December I will have mine.
1 x

H001T .22LR
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

Ernie
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Ernie » Mon Jan 31, 2022 5:59 pm

Once you have them it is hard to do without. It really was amazing what I was missing. Congratulations Paul, sorry I missed the post .
0 x

Headhog
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Headhog » Mon Jan 31, 2022 6:16 pm

Ernie wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 5:59 pm
Once you have them it is hard to do without. It really was amazing what I was missing. Congratulations Paul, sorry I missed the post .
Ernie you are correct. I've had them for about 4 weeks now and I can't imagine how I could do without them.

Thank you for being one of the driving forces for me to get them.

Paul
1 x