Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

New Flowers and Flags

Tell us and show us your small or large farm skills
BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

New Flowers and Flags

Post by BrokenolMarine » Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:48 am

I have to say I am very lucky that Miss T can't sit and enjoy a quiet minute. She came home this spring with a bag from Tractor Supply grinning from Ear to Ear. She said there were some bulbs in the clearance bin. I thought she meant light bulbs. Silly me. :roll: We have a cabinet full of light bulbs, but if she found more on sale/clearance.... ;)

Looked like a bag full of walnuts to me, but she got a trowel and headed outside with the "princess" for company. She was planting bulbs, Miss Fiona was searching for Moles and Voles. They both have hobbies. :twisted:

Looks like they are paying off.....

Here is a pic of the new storm shelter when they put it in.....

shelter 2c.jpg
shelter 2c.jpg (148.32 KiB) Viewed 2161 times

Here is a pic that I took this morning... Miss T had worked over the dirt a couple months ago and been spreading grass clipping over it to seed it.
She also planted those "walnuts" around it... :)

shelter flowers.jpg
shelter flowers.jpg (292.18 KiB) Viewed 2161 times

When we bought the house, there were some poor looking plants along the front of the house. The plants in the AD online all around the house looked very nice. Azaleas, and a bunch of other really nice plants. When Tina came out from VA to look at the place, it was nicely landscaped. We put a contract on the house and the previous owners had moved to a brand new home. The wife, after the contract was accepted and we were just waiting for closing... dug up a bunch of the high dollar plants and moved them to her new house. With the rush of moving and getting settled, we never noticed... until months after we got moved in. :twisted: (Yes, as a matter of fact it IS against the law unless the plants she wants to take are outlined in the sales contract and preapproved by the buyer.) With all the other things we discovered, it was a minor issue in the long run. :|

But, Tina put some walnuts in the front of the house too.

house flowers.jpg
house flowers.jpg (207.98 KiB) Viewed 2161 times

The Oklahoma Sun and Wind had killed another set of flags on the flagpole, so Miss T ordered replacements. Even the flagpole has flowers around it. Unfortunately, this means you have to keep a close eye when you are messing with that flagpole, more than once you find HISSY things in those flowers.

flags and flowers.jpg
flags and flowers.jpg (168.72 KiB) Viewed 2161 times

I'm VERY tempted to pull all those up and pour a concrete pad around the flagpole with nice colored gravel on the top. It'll look nice and NOT shelter venomous biters.
4 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Re: New Flowers and Flags

Post by markiver54 » Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:33 pm

Everything looks great Jim! And that shelter is beautiful piece of mind! Tina sure has a way with Walnuts! :lol:
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by daytime dave » Sat Jun 18, 2022 10:46 am

Miss T sure did a great job with those clearance bulbs. Let her know.

I agree about the flowers around the flag pole. Move them and make it easy to spot those bad sorts.

As far as I know, all of the snakes we have around my place are harmless. Otherwise my model 63 would be loaded with shot.
0 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:52 pm

Here we have copperheads, lots of copperheads, and several types of rattlers.
I don't bother them if they don't bother me...
0 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.