Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

DeWalt 20v self propelled push mower

Tell us and show us your small or large farm skills
GeoBoy
Cowhand
United States of America

Re: DeWalt 20v self propelled push mower

Post by GeoBoy » Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:15 pm

I waited for Stihl to bring their self propelled 21” battery mower to market and low and behold it’s made in China! Deal breaker for me, bought a Honda HRX gasoline mower, made in America.
2 x
Henry Hoo1T, Hoo9

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:37 am

GeoBoy wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:15 pm
I waited for Stihl to bring their self propelled 21” battery mower to market and low and behold it’s made in China! Deal breaker for me, bought a Honda HRX gasoline mower, made in America.
Thanks. I’m looking to buy to new mower.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by daytime dave » Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:00 pm

I've had this mower for a few months now. It has surpassed my expectations of a battery operated mower. The batteries last about an hour in all conditions. I have sharpened the blade, or touched up the edge. It was not dull, but cuts much better having been touched up.
It bogs down and stalls in really heavy grass. It does this more when the batteries are in need of recharge and you are using the self propel also. That part makes sense. If I had a regular, flat suburban lawn, this would do a great job. It hasn't done much when I put the bagger on to try to get clippings to put in the garden. That isn't anything I care about. I'm sure it will suck up a few leaves this fall.
I sprayed the underside with a product called fluid film. It seems to cut down on stuck on grass. I wish I'd done that to the JD mower deck when it was new.

Just an update for those interested.
0 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member

ol'pole
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by ol'pole » Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:19 pm

GeoBoy wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:15 pm
it's still a Japanese company your money going over seas and not staying here.
Like the HRA slogan " Made in America or not made at all"
1 x
I love my country but I fear my government

GeoBoy
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by GeoBoy » Sun Jul 04, 2021 8:03 pm

Honda has a massive factory in NC that manufactures their outdoor power equipment including engine manufacturing. Honda has been building power equipment there for over 35 years and has invested about $400,000,000.00 in that facility. Lots of good paying American jobs.
1 x
Henry Hoo1T, Hoo9

ol'pole
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by ol'pole » Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:49 am

GeoBoy wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 8:03 pm
Honda has a massive factory in NC that manufactures their outdoor power equipment including engine manufacturing. Honda has been building power equipment there for over 35 years and has invested about $400,000,000.00 in that facility. Lots of good paying American jobs.
Profits are still going to japan not staying here, making japan richer and us poorer
0 x
I love my country but I fear my government

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:50 am

Yup they sure are but sometimes there isnt a choice. I get Geoboys comment to. Buying stuff Made in China is something I try to avoid for reasons I cannot express here because my keyboard locks up.
Last edited by BigAl52 on Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

dave77
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by dave77 » Mon Jul 05, 2021 1:54 pm

ol'pole wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:49 am
GeoBoy wrote:
Profits are still going to japan not staying here, making japan richer and us poorer
Like it or not we do have a global economy. I live in central Washington state and if it wasn't for the fruit and other agricultural items we export to other countries our local economy would be greatly affected, many acres of orchards, wheat and potatoes would have to be removed.

https://agr.wa.gov/departments/business ... statistics
0 x

GeoBoy
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by GeoBoy » Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:31 pm

ol'pole wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:49 am
GeoBoy wrote:
Wow! Do you know how many good paying jobs that companies like Honda and Toyota have created in the USA. Unbelievable.
0 x
Henry Hoo1T, Hoo9

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by daytime dave » Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:56 am

Another plus to the DeWalt mower is that it was light enough for me to lift into the back of the truck to take to the mother in laws place to mow her lawn. Sure enough, I got there with the rest of the DeWalt yard tools and her next door neighbor had mowed the lawn earlier in the day while I was at work. Oh well.
0 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member