Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Question about Henry stocks

here is a place to discuss anything related to Henry
Travlin
Cowboy

Re: Question about Henry stocks

Post by Travlin » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:46 pm

Re The Rimfire Central "person" you can't fix stupid.
0 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:22 am

What's wrong with making a receiver out of Zamak if it makes them affordable? The Winchester 9422 was made of steel and the key work here is "was". The Henry H001 is going to be the Volkswagon Beetle of lever actions and I bet in the next ten years you will be able to buy lots of aftermarket parts.
1 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:28 am

Travlin wrote:Re The Rimfire Central "person" you can't fix stupid.
About two years ago I had a post about Henrys deleted because they said what I was doing was unsafe. I emailed President Anthony Imperato and asked him. He said a competent gunsmith could do what I was suggesting. The result is in my avatar. Its an octagon Mare's Leg in .22LR.

For everyday use making the receiver out of Zamak doesn't really make any difference but it made my job a lot harder. Steel is forgiving but Zamak isn't.

All of the clothing Henry sells is made in the U.S.A. Where else can you buy clothes made here?
2 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

steelersfan97
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by steelersfan97 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:49 pm

0 x
H006M, H015-223

Squatch
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Squatch » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:31 pm

Sir Henry wrote:All of the clothing Henry sells is made in the U.S.A. Where else can you buy clothes made here?
I've worn Levi's 505's since I was a small child. For years I bought them online 1/2 dozen pairs at a time to get the unwashed old school indigo's. They last so much longer. We a few years ago I ordered some and WTH? They had dropped the waistline 1.5"-2" to make them low riders. Come on. They make 50 different pairs like that. Leave the originals alone for us old guys. I sent them back with a scathing letter. I also sent a scathing email and made a phone call to Levi's. I told them what I just said and told them that at 50+ years old I was too old to walk around with my rear end hangin' out! I was done.

I tried some other like LL beans and they were OK but just not right. So I went on a search. And I found made in usa from made in USA cloth and the best fitting. Most comfortable jeans I've worn. I get the Cowboy cut. CS is right up there with Henry. I ordered some and they were out of material to make them temporarily. I got an Email from the owner of the company apologizing. I told her I'd just wait till they could fill the order. They did and gave me a substantial discount for my trouble. Buddy's Jeans. Did I mention much cheaper than Levis?
http://www.buddysjeans.com/

These are also made in USA.
https://www.gusset.com/
2 x
Any load data discussed by me is for entertainment purposes only. I can not condone or be responsible for it's use by others.

Travlin
Cowboy

Post by Travlin » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:49 pm

Re Ranchroper's post, That person does not deserve to own or shoot an HRA rifle.
0 x