Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Mfg Date

here is a place to discuss anything related to Henry
toma
Tenderfoot

Mfg Date

Post by toma » Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:03 pm

Usually when I buy a new firearm, I get a small brown envelope with a spent casing with information as to the caliber and date of manufacture.
I have purchased 2 Henry rifles (H001T & H012M) neither one had a spent casing or the date of manufacture.
Now for the dumb question ;) ..... Where do I find the Date of Manufacture?? I would like to have it for my records.

Thanks in advance for your help. :D
0 x

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Re: Mfg Date

Post by PT7 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:18 pm

First --- Welcome to the Forum from the Show-Me-State!

I do exactly what you do with firearm records. And found it real easy to get the info on the Henrys. Just go to the Henry RAC web site -- link is at upper right of the Forum page. On the Henry site, click on "Customer Contact." Either of the Technical Service Reps can get that info for you if you contact them. They just need the serial #. I'd also send the model of the Henry, e.g. your H001T & H012M.

You'll find, if haven't already, the Henry CS is top notch! ;)

toma wrote:Usually when I buy a new firearm, I get a small brown envelope with a spent casing with information as to the caliber and date of manufacture.
I have purchased 2 Henry rifles (H001T & H012M) neither one had a spent casing or the date of manufacture.
Now for the dumb question ;) ..... Where do I find the Date of Manufacture?? I would like to have it for my records.

Thanks in advance for your help. :D
0 x

~Пока~

toma
Tenderfoot

Post by toma » Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:56 am

@ PT7
First Thanks for the welcome.
I kind of figured that I would have to contact Henry for the information.
I like the Mfg Date for if and when I sell a firearm. It helps to determine the value of it. (NOT planning on selling my Henry Rifles)

Thanks again
0 x

tx gunrunner
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by tx gunrunner » Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:18 pm

Welcome from Tx ............... For the next 40 yrs or so the value on your Henry's will be in the condition of the gun not the year it was built . If it is a commemorative that is a bad investment too start with . Here is 2 guns . The 357 is marked 200 yrs which it was built in 1976 and the ROA is only 3 number and no pre- fix which is 1 st year production and it only adds $100 tops on each gun .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
0 x

Cactusjack
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by Cactusjack » Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:08 pm

Call CS and give the imfo they need an they will give you the answer your looking for. That's what I did. H001TM 6-13-12 H001TV 3-13-12.
0 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:34 pm

tx gunrunner wrote:Welcome from Tx ............... For the next 40 yrs or so the value on your Henry's will be in the condition of the gun not the year it was built . If it is a commemorative that is a bad investment too start with . Here is 2 guns . The 357 is marked 200 yrs which it was built in 1976 and the ROA is only 3 number and no pre- fix which is 1 st year production and it only adds $100 tops on each gun .
I have a few commemorative rifles (not Henrys) that were fired and I bought some for under value of a normal rifle. People want commemoratives unfired and a fired one is just an ugly regular firearm.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

ArmyScout
Wrangler
United States of America

Post by ArmyScout » Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:40 pm

Commemoratives are not the money maker people think they are. I have been to many gun auctions that included Commemoratives. Very few sold for more than what the owner paid for them. It's like buying a new car, as soon as you drive off the lot, it's value goes down. Get even a tiny scratch or a ding on a Commemorative, the price goes down. Shoot it, forget it as a money maker. Leave it in the box as pristine as when it was bought, might have a chance to make a few bucks. But in general, they are not a good investment item. Buy them because you like them, display them, and shoot them and enjoy them.
Last edited by ArmyScout on Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2 x
Cold War Soldier. 82nd Abn Div & 1st Cav Korea

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by daytime dave » Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:24 pm

I have a Winchester 9422 Boy Scout Commemorative I ordered after seeing it at the 1985 Scout Jamboree at Fort A.P. Hill in Virginia. I've never fired it, but that may not last much longer. I didn't buy it to resell later, more for looking at and to have a...........Winchester. It looks good and I'm sure it shoots good.

The other safe queen, a nickel plated 4" model 29 that I've had for almost 30 years that was never fired, except for the factory three, will also get shot as soon as I can get it to the range.
1 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member