Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Henry Customer Service on my 45-70

here is a place to discuss anything related to Henry
PMC
Cowhand
United States of America

Henry Customer Service on my 45-70

Post by PMC » Mon May 16, 2016 9:54 pm

Wanted to put this out there for anyone having an issue with their 45-70 Henry rifle.

I bought my 45-70 mid April of this year. It was new in box and had a manufacture date of mid October of 2015. I took it out to the range and the first 8 rounds I tried to shoot in the gun where very rough, hard to cycle with the lever and jammed. I was very frustrated. The next 8 rounds went a little better but not much. The lever did not feel rock solid when closing it either.

I came home and totally broke down the rifle and cleaned it. The rounds cycled better but that lever would pop open with just a slight tap to the butt stock. If it did a round would almost always get stuck between the tube and the lifter.

I reached out to Henry and they emailed me the UPS shipping label. I shipped the gun out on a Wednesday with a detailed letter of the issues, Henry received it on that Friday, they fixed and shipped my gun back the following Thursday and I had my rifle back the following Monday. That is pretty fast. My last range visit again confirmed just how well this rifle performs and how Henry fixed it right.

They changed the lever, polished the bolt ears and added carrier clearance to the face of the carrier. The rifle cycles so smooth and that new lever locks up rock solid and is not popping loose unless you cycle the lever. The two individuals at Henry where wonderful to deal with.

I would not hesitate to buy another Henry, and I didn't. During the issues with the 45-70 I bought a 30-30 case hardened octagon barrel. It is flawless. I knew Henry would take care of my issues with the 45-70.

I had an issue and the good folks at Henry made sure my rifle was fixed, and fast. I have no worries taking this rifle out for deer or hog now.

Just wanted to share, if you have a problem give them a call.
6 x

ditto1958
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: Henry Customer Service on my 45-70

Post by ditto1958 » Mon May 16, 2016 10:02 pm

I have never had a problem that Henry needed to fix. I have, on the other hand, needed to replace parts that I damaged or lost. Each time Henry customer service was wonderful.
0 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Mon May 16, 2016 10:46 pm

Customer service is part of what we love about our Henrys.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

White Squirrel
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by White Squirrel » Tue May 17, 2016 4:21 pm

Always sorry to hear when someone has a problem with a firearm, but always glad to hear about such fine customer service when there is a problem.

And now you have two new Henrys to shoot, so everything came out fine.
2 x
Henry Frontier .22LR

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Post by CT_Shooter » Tue May 17, 2016 5:17 pm

My first H006M had feeding problems. The good folks at Henry worked on it, but it still wasn't right. They replaced the rifle with the one I have now. A piece of art and science. It's beautiful and performs like a classical musician. Henry Repeating Arms Company is without equal.
0 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

gregtr
Tenderfoot

Post by gregtr » Tue May 17, 2016 8:47 pm

I had a problem with my 45-70 o cycling ammo. I prefer Hornady ammo and for this weapon all they offer is there Leverloution brand I bought 3 boxes at 35 to 40 dollars . The gun will not accept more than 2 rounds and it will kick the action open. If I complete the cycle it will accept the other 8 rounds. If I load Winchester ammo it will accept all 4 rounds. I contacted Henry about this issue and they told me they do not recommend Hornady ammo since they are slightly longer. Very disappointed because in there manual it says factory ammo will work but don't use reloads
0 x

gregtr
Tenderfoot

Post by gregtr » Tue May 17, 2016 8:48 pm

I meant 2 rounds
0 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Tue May 17, 2016 9:50 pm

gregtr wrote:I had a problem with my 45-70 o cycling ammo. I prefer Hornady ammo and for this weapon all they offer is there Leverloution brand I bought 3 boxes at 35 to 40 dollars . The gun will not accept more than 2 rounds and it will kick the action open. If I complete the cycle it will accept the other 8 rounds. If I load Winchester ammo it will accept all 4 rounds. I contacted Henry about this issue and they told me they do not recommend Hornady ammo since they are slightly longer. Very disappointed because in there manual it says factory ammo will work but don't use reloads
our 45-70 will cycle the Hornady ammo .... I've tried it and, speaking personally, don't find it to be worth the money .... I've spoken with Henry about reloads and do understand why they don't recommend reloads ... for liability reasons they have to build their rifles to handle ammo made to meet very specific standards .... they have no control over reloaded ammo so from a liability standpoint, their lawyers (justifiably) make them officially prohibit its use .... don't know if you've watched the "Henry Instructional Video Series" or not .... I've found them to be very informative and the one on reloading ===> at this link https://www.henryrifles.com/henry-instr ... odel-h010/ ... to be well worth watching .... in it, the address the lever popping open .... following their direction, I've fired several hundred rounds of factory shells and even a larger number of reloads .... to date, I've never had an issue with the lever or with ammo cycling
0 x

RanchRoper
Forum Ambassador
Canada

Post by RanchRoper » Tue May 17, 2016 10:47 pm

Great to hear they looked after you. It matters, and they know it.
1 x
1860 Colt SA Richards Conversion Revolver .45C
1860 Henry .45C
1885 High Wall .45C
1820-1840 Frontier Percussion .50
1790-1820 Frontier Flintlock .50

Ohkínohkomit - Shoot skillfully

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by daytime dave » Mon May 23, 2016 2:59 pm

RanchRoper wrote:Great to hear they looked after you. It matters, and they know it.

What he said.
1 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member