Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Where do LGS get their Henry's

here is a place to discuss anything related to Henry
Nick-A
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Where do LGS get their Henry's

Post by Nick-A » Tue Jan 17, 2023 4:36 pm

I know Local Gun Stores (LGS) typically get their inventory from "distributors" .
Is that true with Henry rifles? Does Henry ship to distributors, then LGS orders from distributors?

Is there any rhyme or reason to what Henry makes/ships ?
0 x

GunnyGene
Drover
United States of America

Re: Where do LGS get their Henry's

Post by GunnyGene » Tue Jan 17, 2023 5:05 pm

Nick-A wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 4:36 pm
I know Local Gun Stores (LGS) typically get their inventory from "distributors" .
Is that true with Henry rifles? Does Henry ship to distributors, then LGS orders from distributors?

Is there any rhyme or reason to what Henry makes/ships ?
https://www.henryusa.com/shipping-return-policy/

Shipping Destinations & Services

For all direct sales, Henry Repeating Arms ships exclusively via UPS Ground or 2nd Day Air to federally licensed firearms dealers within the continental United States of America and Hawaii only. A valid, non-expired file copy of the dealer’s Federal Firearms License (FFL) is required prior to shipping.

To find a Henry dealer who will order one for you:

https://www.henryusa.com/own-a-henry/fi ... ry-dealer/
0 x
Bellum Omnium Contra Omnes is rapidly becoming a reality (11/2023). Para Bellum.

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Tue Jan 17, 2023 5:20 pm

To my knowledge, in addition to what Gunny said; way back when I bought my BBS 357, it came from a distributor in Tennessee. I am in North Carolina and ordered it from a LGS. I could be wrong though. That just happens to be what a young man told me when I was waiting for it.
1 x
I'm your Huckleberry

GunnyGene
Drover
United States of America

Post by GunnyGene » Tue Jan 17, 2023 6:03 pm

markiver54 wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 5:20 pm
To my knowledge, in addition to what Gunny said; way back when I bought my BBS 357, it came from a distributor in Tennessee. I am in North Carolina and ordered it from a LGS. I could be wrong though. That just happens to be what a young man told me when I was waiting for it.
Yes, distributors will often carry a small inventory of various Henry models. What I posted would normally be a special order, or one of their engraved or Tribute Editions that is not usually stocked by a distributor, or a regular model that isn't stocked by the retailers normal distributor. For example, if you want a .357 BBS with a fancy stock set, you'd have to do a 'direct order', and pay more. Best way is to just contact Henry and ask them for details on direct/special orders.
1 x
Bellum Omnium Contra Omnes is rapidly becoming a reality (11/2023). Para Bellum.

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:07 am

About 3 years ago, when I was trying to find a Long Ranger, I sent an email to Henry asking them what LGS's in the area they had shipped them to. They told me they didn't know because they sold through distributors and didn't have any visibility to what LGSs the distributors sold to. I'll have to see if I still have that email.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Hatchdog » Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:47 am

Just last week I had a conversation with my LGS about this exact subject. This LGS is a Henry Gold Dealer and they can only buy from a Henry distributor. I asked him about availability and he told me that with higher demand for lever-actions nationwide the distributors and sending the bulk of Henrys to the bigger customers and not so much to independently owned shops such as his. He also told me that since Covid Henry is no longer drop shipping guns to him (ship the gun to the retail store and bill the distributor who in turn bills the store). All this and he is a Gold Dealer. Can’t imagine what a non Gold dealer is going thru.
1 x

Cattle Driver
Australia

Post by 220 » Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:31 pm

No idea how many dealers in the USA deal directly with Henry and how many go through distributors. No idea if Henry have minimum sales or order volumes to deal direct with them it would have a bearing on who they source through.

Outside USA it is distributors, here in Aus we only have one. Pretty good to deal with, when I enquired about if they were going to bring in any 327FM's the answer was no but that it would only take a firm order from a dealer for them to do so. Can be a long wait but they will bring in just about anything if they have a firm order for it. I know at one stage it was almost 2 years since they had received a shipment, Henry try to meet demand in their home market before overseas orders.
2 x

FreeNHim
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by FreeNHim » Mon Mar 13, 2023 5:30 pm

It seems that many are in short supply. I had built up a few $$ in Cabelas points and have been looking for a BBS 44 Mag or X. I was able to place an order on Feb 28th with a ship to store. It arrived there on Mar 6. The test date on the enclosed inspection tag was Feb 2, 2023. So I would think that the overall supply is tight if a large company like Bass Pro/ Cabelas is low. As a follow up I just checked, and the Big boy steel did not come up. I hope you can find what you want.
0 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Mon Mar 13, 2023 5:46 pm

Supply is tight because nobody wants to work.
6 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Mon Mar 13, 2023 6:19 pm

BigAl52 wrote:
Mon Mar 13, 2023 5:46 pm
Supply is tight because nobody wants to work.
Ain't that the truth! 🙄
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry